PF Elijah Thomas - TAMU Transfer

hhcmatt

Doesn't count; that's not Rosenthal.  

It was the very first question in his basketball chat today:  http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/husker-extra-live-chat-replay-brian-rosenthal/article_dd3c7198-a2ac-11e5-8850-0b68e5ba4596.html

But no answer to the question, so it's still unofficial.   ;)

BR isn't the guru on recruiting. Try a different person, next time maybe.

Doesn't count; that's not Rosenthal.  

It was the very first question in his basketball chat today:  http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/husker-extra-live-chat-replay-brian-rosenthal/article_dd3c7198-a2ac-11e5-8850-0b68e5ba4596.html

Man, a little better phrased and perhaps it would have gotten more than shrug from BR.

Is Elijah Thomas our best option? Does transferring out of A&M after the first semester (like his good buddy from Ohio St.) raise any red flags?

According to Lee Barfknecht moments ago, Tim Miles is "touring the country courting big men" and was "scheduled to travel to California, Florida, North Carolina and Massachusetts to check out prospects for next season." Big men "Nebraska is known to have interest in" are Robinson Idehen (6'9", 210 lb.), Papa N'diaye (6'9", 215 lb.) and Jordy Tshimanga (6'10", 250 lb.).

Is Elijah Thomas our best option? Does transferring out of A&M after the first semester (like his good buddy from Ohio St.) raise any red flags?

According to Lee Barfknecht moments ago, Tim Miles is "touring the country courting big men" and was "scheduled to travel to California, Florida, North Carolina and Massachusetts to check out prospects for next season." Big men "Nebraska is known to have interest in" are Robinson Idehen (6'9", 210 lb.), Papa N'diaye (6'9", 215 lb.) and Jordy Tshimanga (6'10", 250 lb.).

It raises a ton of red flags that I know I'd love to overlook

Thomas is the best option if hes available for NU.  The other guys are good plan C, D, E type guys.  Tshimanga, N'Diaye, and Idehen would be my choice in order of the guys above after Thomas is those were my only 4.

What would be the eligibility date/amount?

Come in for spring semester and sit out but practice with the team.  Practice with team this summer.  Practice with team next fall and then eligible to play as of fall commencement (graduation) ceremonies next December as a ...

Sophomore?  With 2 1/2 years to play?  Or, since he only played 1 semester, would he have 3 1/2 seasons?

I mean, hypothetically.  Assuming he even has any interest or visits here.

Sophomore?  With 2 1/2 years to play?  Or, since he only played 1 semester, would he have 3 1/2 seasons?

Redshirt freshman with 3 1/2 seasons.

I think he'd be eligible to play after fall graduation. If he had transferred last year, for instance, he'd be eligible to play starting this Saturday.

Redshirt freshman with 3 1/2 seasons.

I think he'd be eligible to play after fall graduation. If he had transferred last year, for instance, he'd be eligible to play starting this Saturday.

Well, that'd be about ideal, wouldn't it?