The Official Media Thread

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yes he was and that is why he is/was suspended.  My surprise is that he got the referenced "restraining order" which I assume prevents him from being suspended???  That shocks me.

Yes-- someone posted about it on one of the social medias.  Something about how Illinois is hurting his future by not allowing him to play while this is all going on.  Said his lawyer team made a case how the school made a rushed judgement or something and that it was an unfair process for suspension.  

I tuned in Sirius XM College Sports channel this morning on my commute to work and they were talking hoops, and right at the end of the segment the show host mentioned Nebraska and how they are the most fun team to watch in the country right now, and the guest agreed, that Nebraska and also New Mexico are his two favorite teams to watch play.  Was kind of interesting to hear that.

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

I tuned in Sirius XM College Sports channel this morning on my commute to work and they were talking hoops, and right at the end of the segment the show host mentioned Nebraska and how they are the most fun team to watch in the country right now, and the guest agreed, that Nebraska and also New Mexico are his two favorite teams to watch play.  Was kind of interesting to hear that.

The number of posts I have seen on other message boards that have said “they are my second favorite B1G team” is more than I can remember/count.

Most love us, don’t want to play us, and a lot of people love Tominaga.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

The number of posts I have seen on other message boards that have said “they are my second favorite B1G team” is more than I can remember/count.

Most love us, don’t want to play us, and a lot of people love Tominaga.

Yeah.  When Fred was coach at ISU they were without a doubt my second-favorite team to watch play.  Such a fun style to watch when it's working.

Watching this Rutgers and Maryland game.  There are always so many reviews these days the last 2 minutes.

My idea: instead of 16, 12, 8, 4, and half for media breaks plus all of the stoppages for reviews … switch to

15, 10, 5, and the first review under 2.  99% of games there will be at least one and maybe this can keep games going quicker.  You still get the same amount of media breaks for advertising but eliminate some time for reviews.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Watching this Rutgers and Maryland game.  There are always so many reviews these days the last 2 minutes.

My idea: instead of 16, 12, 8, 4, and half for media breaks plus all of the stoppages for reviews … switch to

15, 10, 5, and the first review under 2.  99% of games there will be at least one and maybe this can keep games going quicker.  You still get the same amount of media breaks for advertising but eliminate some time for reviews.

The "new" player that Rutgers secured is a baller.