Iowa post game chatter

Bugeaters1

Home from my three hour drive and rewatching the 4th qtr.  At the game it appeared to me that Clark wasn’t looking to score but to set up her teammates. Maybe it was our box and one.  At least Clark and Martin were respectful in post game comments.  Bluder is a whiner and it carry’s over to her team. 

I do not appreciate the sound effects after an opponents missed free throws. IMO it’s sophomoric and classless.  It needs to cease.  Bluder could have handled her complaint through proper B1G channels rather than an emotional outburst that reflected poorly on her and Iowa University.

I liked the late game lineup of Jaz, KM, AM, LN and NP.  They played  together well and defended well.  

Got to put this behind us as Ohio St and their relentless pressure will be a tall task.

Edited by Cazzie22
Delete a word

17 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Home from my three hour drive and rewatching the 4th qtr.  At the game it appeared to me that Clark wasn’t looking to score but to set up her teammates. Maybe it was our box and one.  At least Clark and Martin were respectful in post game comments.  Bluder is a whiner and it carry’s over to her team. 

I do not appreciate the sound effects after an opponents missed free throws. IMO it’s sophomoric and classless.  It needs to cease.  Bluder could have handled her complaint through proper B1G channels rather than an emotional outburst that reflected poorly on her and Iowa University.

I liked the late game lineup of Jaz, KM, AM, LN and NP.  They played  together well and defended well.  

Got to put this behind us as Ohio St and their relentless pressure will be a tall task.

The sound effects haven't been an issue until BLUNDER said they were. Maybe you need to go to Wisy and listen to the drum that they bang before freethrows.

Edited by Bugeaters1

I have been to many many NU WBB games over the years.  This one made me feel the best ever.  As previously noted I really hate to lose to Iowa even if we played them in tiddlywinks. Last fall I sat at the NU Iowa FB game freezing my butt off surrounded by rude Iowa fans and we lost when we shouldn't have.  Today At the game I was surrounded by Iowa fans with only one that was rude sitting right behind me.  I was ecstatic watching them all leave after the loss grumbling and having a long drive home to reflect on it.  GBR.

40 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The sound effects haven't been an issue until BLUNDER said they were. Maybe you need to go to Wisy and listen to the drum that they bang before freethrows.

Nevertheless, just because another school does it it’s not necessary for us to do that.  My opinion.

One last observation.  It seems to me that Alexis needs to be more of a bully taking the ball to the rim.  Her fade aways are not very effective and it doesn’t get her to the foul line.  I would like her to take it at the defender strong and use her strength and power.  Just an observation.  She is a key player for us.

15 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

One last observation.  It seems to me that Alexis needs to be more of a bully taking the ball to the rim.  Her fade aways are not very effective and it doesn’t get her to the foul line.  I would like her to take it at the defender strong and use her strength and power.  Just an observation.  She is a key player for us.

She goes hard to the rim on occasion; but she also has to be wary of fouls.  She had two early fouls today and had to manage her game until the 4th quarter.  Then she became much more aggressive.  Granted, that is not always the case.  Something was amiss in the Rutgers game.  But against Michigan and again today, she seemed to manage her actions dependant on the situation.

In addition to her obvious talents, I believe she has a very high basketball IQ.  Perhaps her Papa has something to do with that.

Edited by Huskerpapa

15 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

She goes hard to the rim on occasion; but she also has to be wary of fouls.  She had two early fouls today and had to manage her game until the 4th quarter.  Then she became much more aggressive.  Granted, that is not always the case.  Something was amiss in the Rutgers game.  But against Michigan and again today, she seemed to manage her actions dependant on the situation.

In addition to her obvious talents, I believe she has a very high basketball IQ.  Perhaps her Papa has something to do with that.

Good point.  I had failed to take account of the foul situation. Still, I had rather she kick the ball out than shoot those fade aways. 

9 hours ago, HUD said:

A great lineup for most of the 4th qtr.  Alexis M, Jaz S, Natalie P, Logan N and Kendall M.    Good defense and offense.  Two freshmen.  Two juniors and one graduate.  Very poised group.

Truly a thing of beauty. They seemed to be in lock-step that entire 4th quarter while Iowa was in turmoil with Caitlin launching 30' jumpers for no apparent reason. 

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Ioa fans are pissed at Jaz for the hand across the face gesture.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I saw that and Jaz posted a clarification in response.  Jaz never need apologize for how she conducts herself representing the University of Nebraska.

I was talking to a guy from the Des Moines area Saturday night (very nice, smart guy) whose wife is from Nebraska. He said the word is that Taylor McCabe is dissatisfied or frustrated with her (lack of) playing time with Iowa WBB. Think she could be lured to transfer to NU this offseason? Man, that would be satisfying to steal her back from Bluder after Bluder stole her from us. 
And Taylor, not to be petty, but if playing time was such a high priority for you, then you should have come to Nebraska in the first place. You would have likely started all 4 years here. (Or at least 3 years) 

Edited by Neb Nets

Talk about icing on the cake!   And man oh man would that fill a gap.  Next year the Huskers lose Shelly and White, each with five years of maturity and playing experience, and possibly Krull with four.  We all hope for the best with Weidner, but post surgical status on both knees is a worry.  Yes, there is talent on the way, but bringing in talent + experience (and another 3 pt sharpshooter) would come in handy. 

Marshall has not had the year she has hoped for after deciding to come back for her CV19 year. She only scored two points yesterday, was 0-5 from three. I think MCCabe even only in her second year could have provided a spark from them. Really comes down to some poor choices by Bluder. In this game, she was out coached by Amy, and in the 4th quarter NE outplayed Iowa on the court. Time for McCabe to come back to NE. 

To much noise shooting free throws?

Right or wrong ........it happens even in high school let alone college. The students have done it as long as I can remember. ......Kid stuff.

Said early in the season....this group had the potential to be very good. Just been a little struggle to find the 5th starter that could score. Nissley L seems to fit the bill. Some of her shots yesterday were critical to the win. High IQ player obviously along with a wicked eye for the basket. 

Late in the game I thought it almost looked like a box and one on the defense. And find out later it was intentional. My question .......So whose idea was that ?

Edited by redsteve