2024 B1G Tourney Projection

20 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Still in a good position for a first round bye though we don't control our own destiny now.

I hope you mean double bye.  If we're playing on Wednesday then I would have to say that things have gone horribly, horribly wrong.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

I hope you mean double bye.  If we're playing on Wednesday then I would have to say that things have gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Yeah, for sure. That did make me chuckle with the double "horribly" to emphasize the double bye. Nicely crafted. 👉

22 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

If Nebraska can get Ohio St. again in a 5 vs 12 matchup, then I'm not too concerned about the bye. I'd love another shot at Ohio St. at a neutral site, I think NU beats their brakes off. That would be a nice pelt, then have Wisky again to pummel in the BTT quarters. Just keep winnin' from the remainder of the regular season's 2 games & see how the chips fall after that. GBR

Boy Ohio St is playing about as good as anyone in league right now.  Im not as confident.  They just beat us without arguably their best player..  Give me Indiana again lol

Just now, TourneyBound said:

Boy Ohio St is playing about as good as anyone in league right now.  Im not as confident.  They just beat us without arguably their best player..  Give me Indiana again lol

Well, yeah, that's true. I think on a neutral site NU beats OSU & that helps our metrics more than them Hosers. 😙

Ok, Wisconsin lost to Illinois so we’re back to a tie for 4th. Both Wisconsin and Michigan State still play Purdue so the Michigan game will have a lot on the line. 

We don’t care about standings for the tournament. But we do want a double bye to avoid a bad loss and to have a shorter run needed for conference. All these games are preparing Nebraska and other bubble teams for games with high stakes.

What if Nebraska would make it to Saturday in Minneapolis and then get a win in the tournament! Dream big. - John cook lol 

40 minutes ago, unl said:

Can you imagine a 4/5 matchup with them? One of the better scenarios IMO

Geeze idk about that.  They might be fighting for their tourney life the way their train is going.  Though, they’d need to win Thursday to even make that game. So…

44 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

SIAP. If Minnesota and Iowa lose today, do we lock in the 4 seed tomorrow with a win? Assuming Wisconsin loses @Purdue 

Depends on if you consider Michigan a lock because we need that one as well

36 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I don’t think that’s true. Could be missing something but when I put Michigan beating us into the simulator it still has us as a 4 seed. Again assuming Wisconsin loses @Purdue and Iowa doesn’t catch us.

I was able to get one from the generator. Minnesota already ruining this scenario as well

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

With Iowa’s win and NW playing at Michigan St this week, a win tomorrow would put the Huskers firmly in the hunt for a 3 seed.

I am thinking about these scenarios way too much. But I just want a four seed to avoid a bad loss and - according to everyone - we’re in if we win these last two. But when we get the double bye, all I’m going to do is look up possible opponents and path to Sunday. This is a vicious cycle.

52 minutes ago, TourneyBound said:

Iowa is playing about as good as anyone right now and if we win 1 of 2 and they win their  finale they could jump us

Think they still play Illinois and that’s the one team who I think can go toe to toe offensively with them.

Right now, we're tied with Wisconsin for 4th. We have the tie-break advantage over them currently, having beaten Purdue. Iowa is half a game back. If we win the next two, nobody can catch us. Unless there's some kind of tie scenario I haven't thought through. But we own the tie-breaker over Wisconsin and that won't change even if they beat Purdue at the end of the year because they'd only be .500 against Purdue this year and we're undefeated against Purdue.

27 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Right now, we're tied with Wisconsin for 4th. We have the tie-break advantage over them currently, having beaten Purdue. Iowa is half a game back. If we win the next two, nobody can catch us. Unless there's some kind of tie scenario I haven't thought through. But we own the tie-breaker over Wisconsin and that won't change even if they beat Purdue at the end of the year because they'd only be .500 against Purdue this year and we're undefeated against Purdue.

It it's a three-way tie between Nebraska, NW, and Wisky, then I don't believe we come out ahead of them both. As long as it's a tie between only one of 'em, then Nebraska gets it due to our win over Purdue by being 1-0 against the top team.

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

It it's a three-way tie between Nebraska, NW, and Wisky, then I don't believe we come out ahead of them both. As long as it's a tie between only one of 'em, then Nebraska gets it due to our win over Purdue by being 1-0 against the top team.

I believe we come out ahead of Northwestern, but not Wisconsin.

So a 3-way tie: Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern

2-way tie: Nebraska, Wisconsin (or Nebraska, Northwestern)

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

In the first nine years of the 14-team Big Ten Tournament, we've either played first on Wednesday (7 times) or had a double bye to Friday (twice, in 2014 and 2018). 

No reason to play the first game on Thursday this season.

Half facetious, half "well it's gonna be a bit different now" but...

In the 13 years we've been in the Big Ten, we've qualified for the Big Ten tournament.

29 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Half facetious, half "well it's gonna be a bit different now" but...

In the 13 years we've been in the Big Ten, we've qualified for the Big Ten tournament.

I love it when we aim high!