Ahron Ulis is N

3 hours ago, HB said:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he portals. 

I hope not.  Honestly the list of guys who went through a 2nd year slump only to kill it the rest of their career at Nebraska, probably outnumbers the number of guys to be here for all 4 years.  Heck CJ went through a 2nd year slump here.  I can also think of players like Tai Webster, and I think even Glynn Watson who all had a 2nd year slump that had people questioning.

39 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I hope not.  Honestly the list of guys who went through a 2nd year slump only to kill it the rest of their career at Nebraska, probably outnumbers the number of guys to be here for all 4 years.  Heck CJ went through a 2nd year slump here.  I can also think of players like Tai Webster, and I think even Glynn Watson who all had a 2nd year slump that had people questioning.

People are questioning Brice Williams, and he's been playing at a high-level div. 1 B1G conference, for only 40% of one season as far as league games. I, too, hope J.L. stays in Lincoln, he is a really good defender, and that is a skill that doesn't grow on trees in Lincoln. Maybe next season NU will finally have a stable of really good guards, but that type of elite D hasn't been a staple prior to the last year-and-a-half.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Overall what I've seen from Lawrence is about what I expected. Figured it would be an up and down season for him transitioning to be a full time PG. Boogie basically being a zero hasn't helped. Maybe expected better shooting, but he's better than I thought at getting the offense set. Mixed bag, which isn't shocking.

Next year he'll move over to where keisei is and the defensive backcourt of him and ulis will be something to watch. 

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

With Keisei graduating, Lawrence shifting to the 2 so Ullis can play point probably works just fine. Lawrence can function as the PG when Ullis sits and between those guys, Hoiberg, and Janowski we have ourselves a backcourt rotation

Ideally I’d like us to go get a true difference making lead guard and Rice takes a jump so we can start Brice at the 2 and him and Gary at Forwards.

• 1 month later...

Someone on r/Huskers this afternoon dropped a little tidbit about the Iowa gambling charges being dropped and wondered if Ulis would be eligible to play going forward and I had to do a double take.  Now, I do think it's way too late in the season to think he might want to play now instead of preserving his eligibility...but has anyone else heard about the charges being dropped?

16 minutes ago, 49r said:

Someone on r/Huskers this afternoon dropped a little tidbit about the Iowa gambling charges being dropped and wondered if Ulis would be eligible to play going forward and I had to do a double take.  Now, I do think it's way too late in the season to think he might want to play now instead of preserving his eligibility...but has anyone else heard about the charges being dropped?

Were charges ever filed?  I never heard of any.  Was this a federal investigation, a State of Iowa investigation or just the NCAA trying to hold on to what little power they have knowing it's getting flushed down the crapper.  If true the investigation is ending, whomever is responsible for the mess knows that the punishment is in the process.  Shame on them.  That's why no one trusts the justice system.  Man, I never thought I'd be part of the counter revolution.  🙂

13 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Here’s the tweet I saw.

If you read this it's about the state dropping charges. With Ullis, he's already pled guilty and gotten a plea.

I'd assume the reddit thread above is the section where people can't read well

• 1 month later...