The Media Thread

Bugeaters1

i just saw this. way past time to get a grip on some of these egos. i may be old school but i don't give a s***! imo, she should have been ejected! too much "oh........she is just highly competitive"......BS.

and, i don't care whether it's CC or a "no-name" that pulls that crap.....should be ejected!

right, Bugs.  The box score does show a technical foul.  The newspaper story (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/caitlin-clark-called-out-for-two-hand-push-after-altercation-with-erin-woodson/ar-AA1kvMZ1) said it was a personal foul upgraded to an intentional* foul.  Perhaps they are the same thing.  i agree with Whoop - she should have been ejected - if not by the officials, then removed from the game by her coach. No place in the game for that. 

*i made a mistake in this post. At first I had written "personal foul upgraded to a technical foul". I should have written "personal four upgraded to an intentional foul"

Edited by Tom Jones
i corrected an error

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Logan Nissley, Nebraska

Whether it’s being a spot-up shooter, coming off screens, or trailing in transition, the 6-foot freshman guard knows that she’s put on the floor to take and make shots, and she has grown more comfortable calling for the ball. With Nebraska’s guard-heavy team, she is also making the most of her minutes, already amassing five games with double-digit scoring and connecting on at least one 3-pointer in every game except two. In the Cornhuskers’ most recent outing against Indiana, she made 3-of-6 from outside and shot 5-of-9 overall for 13 points. Now averaging 6.8 points per game—including 1.7 makes from deep with a 41.9 three-point field-goal percentage—Nissley should continue to be a key scoring threat and a very valuable piece in Nebraska’s lineup.

Hot Off the Bench, 12/26 – 1/8

Breaking down eight players who have come off the bench and provided their teams with instant offense beyond the arc

15 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Just watched Minnesota take down Michigan. The Gophers are a much better team. Going to be a tough game on Sunday.

I saw a lot of the game as well.  We have to do a better job defending against the 3.  Gophers were shooting well beyond the arc and if that continues, it could be an ugly game for us.