C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

...wait, he canceled his visit to Louisville?

Apparently. I read it on the internet somewhere.
I think I read that somewhere too, don't remember where tho. I think he narrows it down to us and osu. He's got to make it to osu first, lets lock him up Tim!

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/8/30/4673902/louisville-basketball-recruiting-rundown-2013-pre-visit-primer

The fact that all decision makers will be on hand is huge. Parents and coaches. Coach is a fan. They will feel very impressed. Prime chance for a commit.

Good point.  But, flip side, if we DON'T get a commit right away that weekend ... then what?  Would that mean the decision makers weren't impressed enough?

I would say it has to mean that the decision makers were not impressed enough to make a decision...

The fact that all decision makers will be on hand is huge. Parents and coaches. Coach is a fan. They will feel very impressed. Prime chance for a commit.

Agree having mom coming along to see the facilities and to learn first hand about the academics and the academic support is great.
I also think it's great that his parents are coming along and his coach as well. Doesn't hurt his coach is a husker fan and also good friends with Neil smith, who is supposed to be here too this weekend.

Good point.  But, flip side, if we DON'T get a commit right away that weekend ... then what?  Would that mean the decision makers weren't impressed enough?

I would say it has to mean that the decision makers were not impressed enough to make a decision...

I disagree.  It's not like every commit we've gotten is from a person who committed on his visit.

I disagree.  It's not like every commit we've gotten is from a person who committed on his visit.

But it would HAVE to mean that the decision makers weren't impressed enough to commit right away that weekend... which was Norm's question.

Good point. But, flip side, if we DON'T get a commit right away that weekend ... then what? Would that mean the decision makers weren't impressed enough?

I disagree. It's not like every commit we've gotten is from a person who committed on his visit.

Agree with this sentiment. The more and more Nebraska starts becoming a player with the whose who of top players in the country people need to temper their expectations of a commit after a visit. These kids aren't like the ones in the past that have 3-5 offers and NU was possibly the best. I mean look at the offers for Robinson, Crawford, Bolden etc. These guys have amazing options and will want to make the best decision. NU will have to battle these guys hard and will have to play the waiting game in the future if you want the best.

So, how long do you hold off Wacker while waiting for a decision from Robinson?  That's walking a fine line.  I suspect the coaches are hoping for a commit before he leaves Lincoln.  Pulling out all the stops for this visit.  Did they bring last weekend's recruits over to PBA during the football game to see how many fans had gathered in the arena to watch a football game that was sold out just a few blocks away?

But it would HAVE to mean that the decision makers weren't impressed enough to commit right away that weekend... which was Norm's question.

Again, not necessarily.  The lack of a commitment doesn't necessarily mean they weren't "impressed enough."  It could be as simple as them deciding not to commit because they want to honor their commitment to other coaches to visit their school.

Again, not necessarily.  The lack of a commitment doesn't necessarily mean they weren't "impressed enough."  It could be as simple as them deciding not to commit because they want to honor their commitment to other coaches to visit their school.

Ok... I was being a smart ass, but the lack of a commitment DOES mean they weren't "impressed enough" to commit while on site.

In regards to Norm's other question, I wouldn't advocate this, but don't some schools take commitments from players, only to later tell them "hey... sorry... we're withdrawing your offer because we found a better fit" before they sign a LOI? Again, I would not support that type of practice... but I think it's possible.

So, how long do you hold off Wacker while waiting for a decision from Robinson?  That's walking a fine line.  I suspect the coaches are hoping for a commit before he leaves Lincoln.  Pulling out all the stops for this visit.  Did they bring last weekend's recruits over to PBA during the football game to see how many fans had gathered in the arena to watch a football game that was sold out just a few blocks away?

Something just seems off to me with Wacker.  I mean he has all these BCS offers and his only scheduled visits are Boise State and Western Kentucky?  I think NU can string it out because I just dont see the need to move fast when youre not going up against quality teams.

Or they wanted to commit but at this point in time do not have a commitable offer...

Or they wanted to commit but at this point in time do not have a commitable offer...

Good point. I assumed Robinson's offer will be commitable.

I'm with leonidas on this one. It could mean that they aren't "impressed enough", but having all the decision makers on hand doesn't remotely mean they're not impressed enough to commit on the spot, even if they don't. Without being involved in the recruiting trip, it's impossible to know what the conversations will be, but having, theoretically, more mature adults with him will help him make the right decision, and not one based on the emotion of the moment.  It doesn't really have much to do with the level of their impression at all. I don't really expect a commit this weekend, honestly.

I'm with leonidas on this one. It could mean that they aren't "impressed enough", but having all the decision makers on hand doesn't remotely mean they're not impressed enough to commit on the spot, even if they don't. Without being involved in the recruiting trip, it's impossible to know what the conversations will be, but having, theoretically, more mature adults with him will help him make the right decision, and not one based on the emotion of the moment.  It doesn't really have much to do with the level of their impression at all. I don't really expect a commit this weekend, honestly.

This is what you expect from the top level players.  They have so many options that they need to see all their top options first before making a decision.  Of course a kid may have his come to jesus moment and say its the one but with so many options and the trip being paid for you want to make 100% sure its the best decision for you and have no regrets.

For what little I know, it seems like the guys we end up getting commit on or even before their official visit.  If they haven't committed on their official visit and they start taking other trips, it generally seems like we're out of it.

Can anyone remember a kid we got who took further visits after visiting us?

I just think if we want him, it better be a commit the day he visits or within a week after he gets home and then he'll need to cancel any other visits.

Maybe Miles is using Wacker as the "If you don't commit now, I'll have to go with the bird in the hand so that I don't lose both" approach.  Collier used this with Ryan Anderson to get him to commit, pretending we had a committable offer out to that one kid from Miami, Jonathan Hall I believe his name was.

Anyway, my feeling is that if we're going to get him, a commit will happen on the weekend of his visit or shortly thereafter.  Otherwise, we might as well move on to plan B.