C Elbert Robinson -> LSU

Hooper

Elbert Robinson, the big 7-1, 330-lb. center from Garland, Tex. (Lakeview Centennial) is visiting Nebraska on Sept. 7. Some of us have been talking about him since last year. His team played Nate Hawkins' team twice last season.

Robinson is a great athlete with soft hands who has a lot of development ahead of him.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/four-star-hoops-center-to-make-official-visit-to-nu/article_d7feb65b-bafb-5fa8-b78f-e51008f3b39b.html

Wow what do we do if Wacker wants to commit this weekend? Robinson seems like a long shot with the other offers he has, but if he's visiting there's a shot.  It's just not every day that a 7'1 Top 60 player with offers from Kansas and Ohio St takes an official visit to Nebraska.

A recruiting class of Hammond, Robinson, and Bolden would be amazing.

#Nebrasketball</a> visitor Robinson was initially recruited at Georgetown by -- you guessed it -- Kenya Hunter.</p>— Brian Rosenthal (@HuskerExtraBR)

I dont have how you post a tweet on here down yet so sorry for the mess.

just copy and paste the url of the individual tweet

some poster previously posted they didnt want him because he might have a low motor and poor work ethic. SMH first off if a 7'1 330lb center wants to come here you can instil a work ethic in him. plus we have hunter who got a lump of clay in Roy Hibbert and developed him into a All Big East Center...i think he can do something for this young man....shutters Hammon/Robinson duo.....drooling now if TIMMY MILES can get this GATA

I figured there was more going on in recruiting than met the eye.  I noticed a few weeks back that he'd climbed up to around #50 in the Rivals rankings.  Assumed we were out of the running at that point.  But someone had posted a year ago that we were legitimately interested in him.  This would be HUGE.  Literally and figuratively.

Wow what do we do if Wacker wants to commit this weekend? Robinson seems like a long shot with the other offers he has, but if he's visiting there's a shot.  It's just not every day that a 7'1 Top 60 player with offers from Kansas and Ohio St takes an official visit to Nebraska.

A recruiting class of Hammond, Robinson, and Bolden would be amazing.

I think if I could have my choice of two more players, of the ones we seemed to be involved with, I'd pick these two as well.

But frankly, both of the two guys coming in this weekend have more upper level D1 one offers than Brandon Ubel had coming out of HS.  In other words, Miles has come in and clearly amped up recruiting.

That being said, Hammond, Robinson and Bolden.  And then next year, go after guards and wings.

strong hunch here that Elbert will commit to the Huskers next week during his visit.

I'm 100% agree.

Must be something going on that all of a sudden we get a visit and "cooled" on a Rivals top 90 kid.

But, hey, you know those Rivals top 90 kids.  They're a dime a dozen and we're Nebraska basketball so we hold out for ...

Oh, who am I kidding?  This is frickin' amazing that we're even getting a visit.  I'm going to go pinch myself now.  Y'all wake me up when my dream is over, OK?

FYI, BigTexHusker posted this here last year around this time or a little later. We've been in on him for quite a while now. 

Huge body, but soft. Has made a lot of strides in past season and a half. Didn't even play varsity his freshman year, but has developed into a rare big with soft hands, great balance, and good feet. He's a project at this point (as most bigs are), and he plays for a low-profile outfit in the summers, which bodes well for us. He's still carrying a ton of "baby fat" and is soft, but that seems to be changing some. I know for a fact he's giving the Huskers serious consideration and would fit well in B1G.

strong hunch here that Elbert will commit to the Huskers next week during his visit.

I'm 100% agree.

Must be something going on that all of a sudden we get a visit and "cooled" on a Rivals top 90 kid.

But, hey, you know those Rivals top 90 kids.  They're a dime a dozen and we're Nebraska basketball so we hold out for ...

Oh, who am I kidding?  This is frickin' amazing that we're even getting a visit.  I'm going to go pinch myself now.  Y'all wake me up when my dream is over, OK?

If things go as well as we hope....and Miles is here for the duration....by the time we wake you....You may be dead from old age!

Stay awake...enjoy the journey. We're on the road. GATA!

Wow. This came out of nowhere. It's really difficult to tell who our main targets are.

no it's not, just watch and see who visits.  Those are our main targets, likely in the order they visit.

just read that Robinson also has a visit scheduled with Louisville... can you imagine beating out Louisville for Robinson after we lost Agau to them?

Wouldn't that be somethin'?

some poster previously posted they didnt want him because he might have a low motor and poor work ethic. SMH first off if a 7'1 330lb center wants to come here you can instil a work ethic in him. plus we have hunter who got a lump of clay in Roy Hibbert and developed him into a All Big East Center...i think he can do something for this young man....shutters Hammon/Robinson duo.....drooling now if TIMMY MILES can get this GATA

Counterpoint: Andre Almeida.  I'm in no way implying that he's anything like Almeida but stating that you could apply your reasoning 4 years ago when bringing in Andre.

However, even if this guy is a stiff and doesn't pan out he'd still be a major asset and be an important role player.  The floor is pretty high on this guy which is one reason he's ranked so high.

I did a little bit of research on him.  He is going to visit Louisville in a couple weeks.  Also sounds like he is pretty high on local SMU.  After they got Mudiay some are saying they have a good shot with either Robinson or Myles Turner now. 

I did a little bit of research on him.  He is going to visit Louisville in a couple weeks.  Also sounds like he is pretty high on local SMU.  After they got Mudiay some are saying they have a good shot with either Robinson or Myles Turner now. 

Don't assume Calipari is going to stop recruiting Mudiay just because he gave a verbal to SMU.  There's plenty of time for Mudiay to get buyer's remorse over the whole SMU thing and change to Kentucky.  Not saying that he will decommit from SMU, but I wouldn't expect that the final sentence has yet been written on Mudiay's recruitment.