Mast to medically redshirt

One good thing about Red Sea Scrolls is this: they have an “Ignore” button that, when utilized, hides every post that the ignored poster makes—don’t have to see it on my feed.

Here’s a basic rule for living life: avoid negative people at all costs.  The “Ignore” button helps make that rule happen—and there are a lot of negative posters on that board!!

4 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

One good thing about Red Sea Scrolls is this: they have an “Ignore” button that, when utilized, hides every post that the ignored poster makes—don’t have to see it on my feed.

Here’s a basic rule for living life: avoid negative people at all costs.  The “Ignore” button helps make that rule happen—and there are a lot of negative posters on that board!!

I, for one, downvoted his posts not because he was negative; but because he was communicating insights that were rather pedestrian and actiling like he had some special insight; and he was doing it in a rather lame fashion; and he was hijacking the thread.

All of those things are what I consider my role to be around here.  And there's not enough room for two of us.

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Why do you think he will not stay?

At the age he would be at and going through a major surgery, it's hard to think he will stick around for a redshirt year and then stay and another season after that.  I really hope he does but I would think it will be a longshot he stays at NU for 2 more years.

1 minute ago, kldm64 said:

At the age he would be at and going through a major surgery, it's hard to think he will stick around for a redshirt year and then stay and another season after that.  I really hope he does but I would think it will be a longshot he stays at NU for 2 more years.

With the reasons you state I go the other way with it. Mostly due to NIL. With his age, the injury, and rehab I would think he's MORE likely to stay 2 years. Gonna have to prove the knees good before you sign that 1st big pro contract. So we have to worry about another program offering a bag of cash to him after he's sat out a year? Probably not. But I bet the NIL collective here takes care of him. No knowledge just a hunch. Will he want to prove his knee is good in a system he's already been in for two years with coaches he knows and a role that's already well defined? Probably. 

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

With the reasons you state I go the other way with it. Mostly due to NIL. With his age, the injury, and rehab I would think he's MORE likely to stay 2 years. Gonna have to prove the knees good before you sign that 1st big pro contract. So we have to worry about another program offering a bag of cash to him after he's sat out a year? Probably not. But I bet the NIL collective here takes care of him. No knowledge just a hunch. Will he want to prove his knee is good in a system he's already been in for two years with coaches he knows and a role that's already well defined? Probably. 

Makes sense and hope you are right.

25 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Plus these guys are not starting out with huge contracts over seas, for the most part. I’d bet our NIL package will be more than competitive to what he might get.

• 2 weeks later...