Maryland (17-12) vs. Nebraska (21-10) Game Thread

Who would have predicted Stewart with 9, Coley with 6 in the Big Ten semis? They stepped up huge with Markowski and Potts not having their best offensive games (and hampered by foul trouble).

I'm so happy for Jaz that she gets to end her career making a run in March and showing the rest of the country what a dynamic player she is

1 minute ago, Fastbreaker said:

My wife said the announcers mainly talked Maryland, no Nebraska.  That's why I don't listen to announcers ever.

I didn't have the volume up the entire time at the end so maybe I missed it, but I noticed how they kept talking about what Maryland's seed would be in the NCAAs, but no mention of us even though we won the game.

3 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

I didn't have the volume up the entire time at the end so maybe I missed it, but I noticed how they kept talking about what Maryland's seed would be in the NCAAs, but no mention of us even though we won the game.

Nebraska has never been given the respect that they are due

1 hour ago, huskerchode said:

Wow - did anybody else just see BTN had us spelled as NERBASKA on their screen?

1 hour ago, NUtball said:

Well, there's no doubting the respect shown to Nebraska by the B1G...

Just so long as their checks don't Bounce.  😉

image.jpeg

Edited by Red Don

JOKE ...just so no one gets excited.

I'm kind of disappointed in Jazz...she had 5 turnovers today. : (

OK...

Jazz's grandparents were there today to watch their grand daughter play maybe her greatest game ever as a Husker (or possibly ever). That's as about as good as it gets.

Maybe the best overall game, and on another level, by any Husker I seen in quite a few years of watching Husker women. Jazz not only shot like crazy.....but was the General on the floor, and controlled the tempo and the game overall. 

The whole team was on fire and played great. GONGRATULATIONS on a great game today. Actually great play all week. 

Looking forward to tomorrow. No matter what happens tomorrow, just proud of this group. and how they fought so hard all week...and season. 

It's not over, lots of games left hopefully in the NCAA's. This week has to have improved our NCAA seed.

Edited by redsteve

7 hours ago, huskerchode said:

I generally don't care for the announcers, but at some point during the game they made the statement that both Nebraska and Maryland would be in the tournament.  I think they gave a bit more follow-up 'air time' talking Maryland's case because their run in the B1G tournament solidified what some may have considered their more bubbly resume.  Nebraska was probably in no matter what they did in the tournament.  Maryland, maybe not so much.  At least, that's kind of the vibe I got.

This was a fun game to watch when the whistles weren't blowing. One of the whistles wanted to drag this sport back where it has been in prior years. Where we watch and see who the best actors are. 

Coach Williams has sure put a fun product to watch on the floor. I'd watch a Nebraska game no matter what team I cheer for. Just good clean fun.

All credit to the players, the team, who really played a great game despite some challenges.

On 3/9/2024 at 3:30 PM, Fastbreaker said:

My wife said the announcers mainly talked Maryland, no Nebraska.  That's why I don't listen to announcers ever.

PLEASE Big Ten...................get rid of Kristen Scott Williams (or however her name is). i just about vomit when she does a big ten game. i can deal with the others, but, she drives me crazy. btw, always have matt and jeff on when i can watch a game live.