All B1G

Cazzie22

My guesses...

Alexis for 1st team... 2nd possible overall team. She's possibly All B1G for defense too. 

Not sure were Jazz will end up. Maybe like last year. The big basket against Iowa may have some influence....and she's a senior.

There's lots of competition for All B1G guards/forwards

Potts 1st team freshmen.  Possibly All B1G freshmen too. ..but again... lots of good freshmen in the league. Maybe All B1G 2nd team? 3rd team ?

L Nissley could have been a All B1G factor if she had developed sooner. May be other Huskers on 2nd and 3rd teams, but hard to see how to sort out all the teams better players, compared to another teams similar players. ?

Will be interesting no matter how it ends up. 

Edited by redsteve

11 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

This seems pretty accurate to me. One could argue that some of the 2nd team and Honorable mention choices could be flipped, but overall I agree. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't see Jaz as a 2nd team player, simply because she doesn't play defense. At least not the type of defense that I value. I have always lived by the mindset that defensive stops are as important as offensive possessions, and I just don't see a lot of that from her. That is why I like Moriarity and White on the floor so much, because they play hard nosed, move your feet, body someone up defense. If you watch them against some of the better guards in the league, you will see that they do not get bullied the way Jaz and Hake do. Both White and Moriarity have the ability and the athleticism to apply pressure for 94 ft, and when they were doing that at the beginning of the season, we looked better. I don't understand why Amy Williams shifted her focus from defense back to the three point game, because clearly that didn't work last year, and we are having some of the same issues this year. WHY in the world do we need 4 outside shooters on the floor at the same time, none of which are very strong defensively? That just blows my mind. Almost as much as taking three point shots at the end of a 1 or 2 pt game.  

49 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

That's pretty good for Nebraska to have a 1st teamer in Alexis M. and a 2nd teamer in Jaz S. as well as a FROSH of the year in Natalie P. All in all, that's excellent. GBR

Just read Sam M.'s tweet, how the heck didn't Potts become the unanimous selection of coaches & media for FPOTY?!?!

Edited by AuroranHusker

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

That's pretty good for Nebraska to have a 1st teamer in Alexis M. and a 2nd teamer in Jaz S. as well as a FROSH of the year in Natalie P. All in all, that's excellent. GBR

Just read Sam M.'s tweet, how the heck didn't Potts become the unanimous selection of coaches & media for FPOTY?!?!

If you had watched other B1G women's games on tv. The media really pushed for the Purdue girl. But you are right, it should hjave been unanimous for Potts.

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I was surprised to see that Nissley was on the all freshman team.

That B1G game against the Hawkeyes got her a lot of attention in the league. Logan Nissley and Britt Prince, along with a recovering Alison Weidner, will need to carry the shooting/scoring load from the guard position in 2024-25.

Jaz made the All Defensive Team last year and was 1st team.  She and Alexis switched places on 1st and 2nd teams.  Natalie was the best freshman in the league.  Glad that Logan N. was included and I think Jess Petrie wasn’t far from being on the All Freshman team.  Congrats to Maddie K for the Sportsmanship Award.   

34 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

That B1G game against the Hawkeyes got her a lot of attention in the league. Logan Nissley and Britt Prince, along with a recovering Alison Weidner, will need to carry the shooting/scoring load from the guard position in 2024-25.

Don't forget about Amiah Hargrove at the swing guard position.  She can shoot the ball and is a pretty complete player.  No. 2 rated player in Illinois.

All of this bodes well for next year. Alexis, Potts and Nissely are all back next season, with a very nice freshman group coming in. Hopefully will transition and assimilate together and make a super team in 2024.

Got lucky in my predictions and pretty much called all the Nebraska players and their ALL B1G selection spots. We all get lucky (hopefully) some times.

Really though, two freshman  on the ALL FRESHMAN team ! That's huge !

Edited by redsteve

26 minutes ago, HUD said:

Don't forget about Amiah Hargrove at the swing guard position.  She can shoot the ball and is a pretty complete player.  No. 2 rated player in Illinois.

TBH, I am most interested in what she’s going to bring to the team.  She has a lot of potential IMO, and I’m hoping will make an impact early.

On 3/5/2024 at 4:04 PM, redsteve said:

All of this bodes well for next year. Alexis, Potts and Nissely are all back next season, with a very nice freshman group coming in. Hopefully will transition and assimilate together and make a super team in 2024.

Got lucky in my predictions and pretty much called all the Nebraska players and their ALL B1G selection spots. We all get lucky (hopefully) some times.

Really though, two freshman  on the ALL FRESHMAN team ! That's huge !

This was great but I don’t remember hearing much about freshman players around the league this year. Was it a down year?