Iowa (22-2) vs. Nebraska (15-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

37 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Zero points by Clark in the 4th. Think she was trying to save the record for a home game?

Actually I think yes.  (I said that watching the game. It looked like that was the plan.) Clark seemed to be holding back...not throwing up the mid court screaming shots.

Blubber said this week, just that possibility ......that it would be nice to break the record in Iowa.   But it backfired...in the fourth especially. We took the game away from them.

Great game by our side. Our guard scoring was a huge difference. Not just Alexis and Jazz doing all the scoring. Team win. Even thought Mariority (and The other Kendall)...  were not the big scorers, ...but their defense on Clark did bother Clark.  Markowski was in control of the middle. She kept them from scoring a lot in the paint...we did just the opposite, scored well in the paint. A our freshmen were outstanding

And...Williams job is safe for another few years. :)

Edited by redsteve

On 2/10/2024 at 11:59 AM, Huskerpapa said:

My line of thinking.  Iowa is an elite team with, arguably, the best player that has come around the pike.  I want us to be competitive; but there is no way we can win.

Now, that said, if there is some way we get it done and win; then there will be pure ecstasy.   

...ECSTASY...😘

32 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

As everyone on this board knows. I rarely step into this forum.  You guys do an absolutely fabulous job of pushing your passion!  FWIW, no chance Clark threw a game to get a meaningless scoring record set at Carver Hawkeye arena.  When I say meaningless, every record holder knows some day that record will be broken.  Could be high school, college or professional level. I'm happy for the Huskers.  I feel sorry for stupid people. Iowa seems to have more than their fair share....

image.png

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Moriarty was in her shorts most of that 4th quarter.  And my friends, she was blocking out the sun.

:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

Here's a comment I saw elsewhere I thought worth repeating:

Not ashamed to admit I'm in tears. That was absolutely beautiful!!!!

KMo's defense against Clark was amazing. Clark also showed the kind of player she is. Absolutely selfish terrible shots late in the 4th.

Yes good defense on Clark helped, but we all know if she wants to score she will find a way. So if the plan was to have her get close and then set it at home, we’ll it took them out of what they had been doing. So yes maybe a little of both. They could not recover when the game was suddenly in the line. And we finished it strong.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:20 PM, Red Don said:

:ph34r: I'm Going All Retro!

Let's GO RETRO !!!
Husker Ladies Upset Win over Indiana (2/19/2017) Annual Pink Game - Play4Kay Day
Allie Havers with Back-to-Back Lay-ups to Seal the 67-64 Win

image.jpeg

As Paul Harvey would Say: "It MUST Be The Shoes!"

The Nebraska women’s basketball team takes aim at a major upset when the Huskers play host to No. 2 Iowa on Super Bowl Sunday in Lincoln.

LET'S PACK PBA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOOO  :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BEAT THE HAWKEYES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
image.gif~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nebraska Cornhuskers (15-8, 7-5 Big Ten)
vs #2 Iowa Hawkeyes (22-2, 11-1 Big Ten)
Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024, Noon (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
TV:
FS1 - Jason Benetti, Kim Adams and Allison Williams (sideline) on the call.
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (11:30 a.m.) - Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Special Event:    Play4Kay (Pink Game)

This came to fruition didn't.

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

As Paul Harvey Said: "IT MUST BE THE SHOES!"

Iowa Wins the Third Quarter: 30-20 :Timeout:  1f62c.png

But, WE WIN THE FOURTH: 27-10 :Hair Fire:AND THE GAME!!! :Happyrun:

WAY TO GO HUSKER LADIES!!! :Bow: ...........GRIT; NO QUIT!!!

image.png

Lucky Aparrel for the Game!

image.jpeg

You need to wear it the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Actually I think yes.  (I said that watching the game. It looked like that was the plan.) Clark seemed to be holding back...not throwing up the mid court screaming shots.

Blubber said this week, just that possibility ......that it would be nice to break the record in Iowa.   But it backfired...in the fourth especially. We took the game away from them.

Great game by our side. Our guard scoring was a huge difference. Not just Alexis and Jazz doing all the scoring. Team win. Even thought Mariority (and The other Kendall)...  were not the big scorers, ...but their defense on Clark did bother Clark.  Markowski was in control of the middle. She kept them from scoring a lot in the paint...we did just the opposite, scored well in the paint. A our freshmen were outstanding

And...Williams job is safe for another few years. :)

Disagree here, The way CC is, she would have loved to rub our noses in breaking the record in Nebraska.

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Bladent push offs from Clark and no calls

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I wasn't able to watch the game, but this is the thing that pisses me off the most about her.  Talked about it in past years as well.  She extends the arm all the time and gets called for it about 1 out of 50 times.  She also initiates contact on her drives all the time and gets the call 3 out of 4 times when there is no foul.  If she doesn't get the call she whines and pouts all the way down the floor after she makes the layup.  She's insufferable.  She's certainly the best player I've ever seen, but I would guess that about 20% of her statistical success is a direct result of the star bias treatment she gets.

11 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I wasn't able to watch the game, but this is the thing that pisses me off the most about her.  Talked about it in past years as well.  She extends the arm all the time and gets called for it about 1 out of 50 times.  She also initiates contact on her drives all the time and gets the call 3 out of 4 times when there is no foul.  If she doesn't get the call she whines and pouts all the way down the floor after she makes the layup.  She's insufferable.  She's certainly the best player I've ever seen, but I would guess that about 20% of her statistical success is a direct result of the star bias treatment she gets.

It was worse than that, She pushed KM away with both hands right in front of a ref.

5 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Yeah, when she gets a little frustrated, she kicks it up a notch because she's been babied her whole career.

CC wasn't getting the calls that she thought she was due. Boy does she have a rude awaking in the WNBA.