uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 14 - Indiana

15 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Tonight, Michigan St. beat Penn St. by 29 points: 91-62.

So, did we catch Michigan St. on a down night?  Or (dare I suggest it), are the Huskers better than previously hoped?

It's probably both, tbh. Nebraska is a very solid squad. And MSU had been having a bit of issues like NU had for a short while. Confidence returning is a beautiful thing, particularly since NU won't have to face MSU again the regular season.

8 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Tonight, Michigan St. beat Penn St. by 29 points: 91-62.

So, did we catch Michigan St. on a down night?  Or (dare I suggest it), are the Huskers better than previously hoped?

I think MSU was still figuring things out internally with their guards and big man rotation. Big man rotation still isn't solved yet, and won't be until Kohler comes back, but their guards are playing a lot better. So a bit of the first, and yeah Nebraska is better than the consensus had thought imo. 

I also think PSU is not very good. 

My dad and I talked about the importance of besting Michigan state when we did.  They were figuring out rotations and roles on the court like has been posted above, but they will do the typical Michigan state thing and win like 19 of their last 20.  Gonna become a really good resume building win come early march I think. 

While I believe it was a little of the first, I don’t want to poo on how we played that night either. That was a battle of two teams who didn’t want to start conference play 0-2.

Make no mistake, MSU wanted that one and they weren’t taking things for granted either.  I don’t think they took us lightly at all.   However, I’d much rather have played them when we did instead of now or February.

13 hours ago, KoH said:

Great win!  Fun crowd. I was wondering if before the game if anyone else noticed Nick Collison on the huskervision?  Maybe it wasn’t him, but I was having ptsd seeing him sitting in the stands. 

Beat Wisconsin on Saturday with Purdue rolling into town on Tuesday. I imagine the crowd will be a bit amped up.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

While I believe it was a little of the first, I don’t want to poo on how we played that night either. That was a battle of two teams who didn’t want to start conference play 0-2.

Make no mistake, MSU wanted that one and they weren’t taking things for granted either.  I don’t think they took us lightly at all.   However, I’d much rather have played them when we did instead of now or February.

Agreed and they played and shot the ball well against us. We just beat them straight up.

16 hours ago, OurDecay said:

We all need to appreciate just the kind of resilience CJ Wilcher has had to get to this point.  Dude started 24 of 32 games for us last year, and got recruited over.  Slid down our depth chart.

Instead of pouting, he’s actually played the best basketball of his career and has embraced his role:

FG%: 49.4% this year (39.9% last year)

3PT%: 40.0% this year (31.3% last year)

He has gone from 27 mpg to 16 mpg and is matching his production from last year while also cutting his turnovers significantly.  He is a revelation.

I'm just quoting this because I can't upvote it a second time!  CJ has been all class and a breath of fresh air in this transfer portal era where players cut and run at a little adversity instead of working to make their situation better.  

(Yes, I'm aware of the irony of CJ being a transfer)

Edited by HuscurAdam

15 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

It's probably both, tbh. Nebraska is a very solid squad. And MSU had been having a bit of issues like NU had for a short while. Confidence returning is a beautiful thing, particularly since NU won't have to face MSU again the regular season.

Yeah, they will be out for blood when we meet them again in the Sweet 16, Elite 8 or Final 4 this year