Nebraska (7-1) vs. Minnesota (5-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Minnesota came out in the 2nd half wanting to win and we looked like the game was already over. This team has an identity that can win but somehow our coach seems to not know what that is. We can’t play fast paced ball. When we can slow things down and run an offense we look good. Creighton exposed us on that and Minnesota forced us into the same crap in the 2nd half.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Everyone always says that Miles “flash in the pan” year that ended with a huge run and us making the dance was the exception and not the norm.  Even though we probably should have danced again under Miles he at least made the NIT multiple times.

What is last year was Fred’s “flash in the pan” year that ended up with a decent run, 1st round loss to this Gopher team, and no post season.

This reminds me of the year after Tim’s flash in the pan.  If I remember right, we came out of the gates hot, were ranked at one point, and folded after a loss to Rhode Island maybe?

That Rhode Island loss was early.  This one hurts.  I thought Fred had learned last year what needs to be done.  It doesn't look like it.  It's early, but this one hurts.  Might as well let this season play out.  It doesn't look like it will end well.

This looked like a team playing their first road game.  I am so sick of learning lessons from losses.  I want to start learning lessons from wins.

11 minutes ago, Flyingfarmer said:

Minnesota came out in the 2nd half wanting to win and we looked like the game was already over. This team has an identity that can win but somehow our coach seems to not know what that is. We can’t play fast paced ball. When we can slow things down and run an offense we look good. Creighton exposed us on that and Minnesota forced us into the same crap in the 2nd half.

I thought the same thing.  We need to slow it down.   However, tonight was not the reason, we couldn't run an offense when we slowed it down either.

Teams are going to run us off the 3 point line and challenge shots at the rim.  Mast and Allick are nowhere near the players Walker was.

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Not going to re-arrange my schedule anymore to watch these games live. 

Been to 2 home games thus far and will likely not go to anymore. 

Probably best, you only have to watch about 28 of the 40 minutes because BTN can't figure out how to schedule without overlap.

After my meltdown last night, I feel surprisingly refreshed. Maybe it’s the entire pot of coffee. 

I don’t think I can truly emotionally and financially invest in Nebraska basketball anymore. There’s just too many poor decisions and incompetence. If the athletic department doesn’t care enough, I have a hard time finding the effort to really care either, at least at the level I currently do. The amount of season tickets I purchase, the donations, and the time commitment to drive from Omaha to Lincoln for home games is just too much from what I am getting in return. 

I’ll always be a fan, I’ll always tune in and cheer no matter how bad we are. I think I’m just going to get nosebleeds next year and not donate anymore. I’ll still make it to a few games. Hopefully someone else can enjoy our seats. It’s not like I give that much money, I doubt they will even miss it. 

I still believe this team can be pretty good. Hoping to get back on track and get these things figured out. There is some talent if we can get it to gel. I’ll be there Sunday at 5:30 hoping we can get right. Even if it doesn’t work out for Fred here, he’s an excellent human being and he coaches for the right reasons. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, just a great person. If Nebraska makes the decision to keep rolling with Fred, I’ll come to terms with it because of his character.