USC & UCLA TO JOIN BIG TEN (beginning 2024)!

Red Don

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, true. The other 5 are tiny, since the average city size is only 47k.

Yeah and I think thats awesome. I like this set up. I understand it doesn't make sense moneywise. But these schools have already been left behind. Nothing is going to change that now. And while SDSU may be in a "larger" market nobody cares about college sports here. A little about the basketball team maybe.

So with that in mind go old school and set up this conference like they should be set up. Regionally. Add Nevada and UNLV and call it a day. Maybe I could be talked into New Mexico and NMST. Fight like hell to keep your "major" conference tag. Be happy with 1 guaranteed spot in the playoffs if you can pull it off and all goes as planned.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Yeah and I think thats awesome. I like this set up. I understand it doesn't make sense moneywise. But these schools have already been left behind. Nothing is going to change that now. And while SDSU may be in a "larger" market nobody cares about college sports here. A little about the basketball team maybe.

So with that in mind go old school and set up this conference like they should be set up. Regionally. Add Nevada and UNLV and call it a day. Maybe I could be talked into New Mexico and NMST. Fight like hell to keep your "major" conference tag. Be happy with 1 guaranteed spot in the playoffs if you can pull it off and all goes as planned.

Yeah, suppose so. And that's why I mentioned to get programs in bigger markets that actually care about college athletics. I figured Memphis and Tulane were the 'next' programs to ascend to a better conference overall. None of these latest conference changes lately have made a lot of sense as far as regional play. I still miss the Big 8, for heaven's sake!

23 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, suppose so. And that's why I mentioned to get programs in bigger markets that actually care about college athletics. I figured Memphis and Tulane were the 'next' programs to ascend to a better conference overall. None of these latest conference changes lately have made a lot of sense as far as regional play. I still miss the Big 8, for heaven's sake!

The SEC should be forced to take Tulane and Georgia Tech back.  And Sewanee, for that matter.