Reporters

BannedAccount

I used to save dumb letters from the OWH's "Voices from the Grandstands" and pin them up in the pre-internet days at my old job. I was going through an old box of stuff from there a while back and found this little gem. Helps clear up who Dirk roots for:

What an idiot...and why would that make him cheer for Creighton??

I used to save dumb letters from the OWH's "Voices from the Grandstands" and pin them up in the pre-internet days at my old job. I was going through an old box of stuff from there a while back and found this little gem. Helps clear up who Dirk roots for:

What in the?  It went from Creighton to Cincinnati upsetting Duke.  Interestingly enough...Cincinnati had another Alvin Mitchell in like 2009.  The Alvin Mitchell in the Dirk response left Cincinnati and played a couple games at UNO.

I think you just answered your own question.

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that Brian Rosenthal, Lee B, and Kent Walgamont continue to bash Nebrasketball via twitter or chats all the time?  I mean seriously, i'm not saying you have to be the Husker sports network but the snarky comments all the time get a little old and annoying.  And why does a movie critic get press credentials to a NCAA basketball game?

Have you seen his smartass tweets he has during games? 

I went back and read his tweets, and there is nothing that wouldn't be said here. Like 4 dunks in 7 minutes or that minny has 11 offensive rebounds to Nebraska's 12 total. Thats not smart ass, Just stating the facts in my book.

18,000 of them

18,000 of them

Creighton Tony: The Dirk Chatelain of comebacks

I'm sure Dirk was about 16, 17, or 18 at that time so he gets a break. I think I'm more concerned that you have that clip and you dated it.

So you're saying he has gotten no smarter as he as aged?

I am, his articles are interesting, honest, insightful and make you think. His approach is to bring out the numbers side of things and analyze it. It comes across as negative at times but you don't have much to argue with what he writes.

I am, his articles are interesting, honest, insightful and make you think. His approach is to bring out the numbers side of things and analyze it. It comes across as negative at times but you don't have much to argue with what he writes.

Have to agree with you coughunter.  I really enjoy reading Dirk's articles and like how he always backs up his arguments with stats and numbers.

What I find funny is that people often get mad at Dirk because he's "always negative" and "out to get the program."  But a lot of the issues he brings up is what most fans complain about too.

For example my dad does not like Dirk, when I asked him why he stated that he's always negative.  When I asked what Dirk was negative about and highlighted an article about the offensive line and then the one about Martinez.  My response to my dad was, "aren't those the same two things you complain about all the time too?"  He had no response to that.

Okay. Here are a few examples:

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296803173195194368

I understand it's an attempt at being clever, but really, 4 Gallegos?  It's obviously a thinly-veiled swipe at the Huskers.  You're at a Creighton game...it's okay to stop obsessing about the 'Skers....or is that what they do at their games, I guess I don't know.

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296811158495707136

Again, why the swipe at Nebraska?  It's not necessary.  Oh, and also, you forgot that Nebraska is easily better than UCLA, too since SC beat them last night.  What a maroon.  Or was it just another attempt at humor?  If so, he forgot to use the sense of humor button on his twitter.

Okay. Here are a few examples:

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296803173195194368

I understand it's an attempt at being clever, but really, 4 Gallegos?  It's obviously a thinly-veiled swipe at the Huskers.  You're at a Creighton game...it's okay to stop obsessing about the 'Skers....or is that what they do at their games, I guess I don't know.

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/296811158495707136

Again, why the swipe at Nebraska?  It's not necessary.  Oh, and also, you forgot that Nebraska is easily better than UCLA, too since SC beat them last night.  What a maroon.  Or was it just another attempt at humor?  If so, he forgot to use the sense of humor button on his twitter.

Non verbal words have no emotion so hard for you to judge. Dirk has been a huge Nebraksetball fan for years and has openly said so in the past years on his radio appearances. I don't get offended by his snarky humor even thought I didn't think it was that bad, as someone who is a beat writer for that sport and has unlimited access and appears to be a fan at times but then just bashes the team

The first tweet drew the ire of a couple of Creighton fans, one of whom listed off the shooting percentages of Bluejay players vs Gallegos.  One is an open ended whiff and the other is a hack sarcasm. 

Here was an explanation of why Nebraska and Creighton should play each other twice per year

https://twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/277153191630606336

....because two sets of teams in the same conference and two teams that don't actually play each other twice per year ............play each other twice per year.

Given I don't subscribe to the OWH this would be the biggest extent of my exposure.  If you're looking for a twitter account there full of insight or wit, you're looking in the wrong place.

If you're following a newsprint guy on twitter you're better off with @HuskerExtraBR or @HuskerExtraSip or @swmckewonOWH