Nebraska Football 2018-2019

I think that maybe Gebbia felt like he went above and beyond to be the starter and when he didn't get it he just couldn't think any way but to leave.

Knee jerk, yeah maybe but he is a young man. I kind of know how he feels because that is almost the same way things happened for me to transfer schools.

I did do it in January and it was DII to DIII so not as big a deal.  ?

Edited by Silverbacked1

7 hours ago, royalfan said:

wouldn't be a bad idea Norm, but I think Frost is a pretty honest guy that will do what he things is right and let the chips fall where they fall.  

I'd have to agree with this. And also, why would you want to have that animosity lingering in your locker room throughout the whole season? That can really bring team morale down.

Been thinking about this and I have decided I don't begrudge Gebbia's decision to leave.  He was recruited here under a different coaching regime that ran a different offense for which he was more suited.  He didn't ask for the coaching change.  I think he could run Frost's offense competently, but he's not ideally suited for it.  If he's able to nab the starting job as a redshirt freshman, Frost would still try to recruit a better fit.  But if he doesn't win the starting job this season, he's likely never going to be the starting QB here just because, again, he could run it competently, but he'll never be an ideal fit for it.

Therefore, it makes sense to transfer to a team whose offensive system fits your skillset.  And he's better off transferring now, sitting this year, and having 3 to play than sitting this year as a backup in a dual-threat system and then sitting again next year as a transfer and only having 2 to play.

Edited by Norm Peterson

On 8/27/2018 at 9:04 AM, atskooc said:

Bradley will probably transfer after the year.

He's not even on the depth chart.

Wilbon is probably done as well (at least in terms of any playing time).

Mikale Wilbon's a senior so his time in Lincoln will be limited no matter what his PT is... And, who knows, maybe Jaylin Bradley is happy to be a Husker as a native son. Guess we'll see how it plays out long-term.

7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Mikale Wilbon's a senior so his time in Lincoln will be limited no matter what his PT is... And, who knows, maybe Jaylin Bradley is happy to be a Husker as a native son. Guess we'll see how it plays out long-term.

Well there is that. ;) 

20 hours ago, khoock said:

They are working on Vedral's eligibility again in wake of Gebbia's departure.

I could be wrong but I feel like it would be a miracle at this point if Vedral becomes eligible.  Would be great news though.  I can't fault Gebbia, I'm sure he want's to play and the writing is on the wall that Martinez is the future.  Just based on Frost's past QB's and the QB's we have recruited Gebbia does not have the same skillset.  Puts us in a bind, especially if Martinez goes down or struggles but the live reps he will receive should pay off in the future.   

27 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I could be wrong but I feel like it would be a miracle at this point if Vedral becomes eligible.  Would be great news though.  I can't fault Gebbia, I'm sure he want's to play and the writing is on the wall that Martinez is the future.  Just based on Frost's past QB's and the QB's we have recruited Gebbia does not have the same skillset.  Puts us in a bind, especially if Martinez goes down or struggles but the live reps he will receive should pay off in the future.   

Vedral's best chance of contributing would probably be this year as the #1 backup in case Martinez gets injured.  Next year and years thereafter, I think Vedral is buried on the depth chart.  For his sake, I hope he's cleared to play.

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

And it would be so far into the season you have to consider would it be a waste of a year of eligibility. Lord knows they take their time on these issues.

10 minutes ago, khoock said:

And it would be so far into the season you have to consider would it be a waste of a year of eligibility. Lord knows they take their time on these issues.

All we would need him, in theory, is four games.  If he plays 4 games or less, he could still redshirt.  So you get him eligible and you only play him in games IF Adrian suffers an injury.

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I heard Bradley wanted to redshirt this year...that doesn't sound like a player thinking of transferring. 

That would be cool.

He's a kid I'm rooting for (I went to JH and high school with his cousin, who was a walk-on for the Huskers in '95).

32 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

All we would need him, in theory, is four games.  If he plays 4 games or less, he could still redshirt.  So you get him eligible and you only play him in games IF Adrian suffers an injury.

True. Keep forgetting about the rule change.

Just now, khoock said:

True. Keep forgetting about the rule change.

This is actually really nice for the quarterback position.  In theory, if a QB gets hurt, and your true back-up is redshirting, you have the opportunity to play him in 4 games.  That is usually enough to get the first QB over the injury.  If it is something more serious, then you can play the back-up right away.  If I were a QB, I would love this rule change!

18 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

At least we didn't lose to a FCS school this past Saturday... Beaty is now 3-34 in his 4th season at Kansas, having more FCS losses (2) than FBS wins (1):

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-monday-after-there-are-plenty-of-options-but-no-easy-answers-for-kansas-football/amp/

If Kansas fire's Beaty, I know where there is a coach who may want to coach at Kansas. MR could take the job.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

OOF- No refund for tickets and if a new game is scheduled, there will be new tickets printed and given to season ticket holders and one game buyers.

If you bought 2nd hand off the street... sorry, but you are screwed.

I'm not 100% sure on the execution of this, but it is possible that 3rd parties like Ticketmaster and StubHub might have it in their terms that the seller has to release the new tickets to the buyer again, otherwise they'll be charged for the tickets (since the seller has to provide their credit card number to be able to sell tickets on their marketplace).

29 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm not 100% sure on the execution of this, but it is possible that 3rd parties like Ticketmaster and StubHub might have it in their terms that the seller has to release the new tickets to the buyer again, otherwise they'll be charged for the tickets (since the seller has to provide their credit card number to be able to sell tickets on their marketplace).

Yes, one of the nice things about buying from these "markets" is that a lot of them do have some sort of clause.  I was more referring to the people who I usually buy from off the street outside of the stadium on game day.