Parking

Merlin

I parked in lot 19 ($5) and got in and out with no problems at all.  I guess the lot right next to the softball field was very empty.  A tad bit more of a walk, but that doesn't bother me at all.  For those that don't want to walk as far you may not want that spot.  But lots 19, 20 and 21 were very easy to get in and out of last night.  Friday will be interesting.  I don't think it will be terrible as I think people will go early and some will stay late going to the bars/restaurants since its a Friday night game.  Those Wednesday night type games where everybody goes home after the game for the most part will be interesting to see.

I did find out something last night...and this is just from the guy that was working the parking lot...but I found out that the lot next to the post office...the one that is just a few steps from the arena but blocked by a high fence is going to have gates put in within the next month or so.

On a somewhat different topic...but still arena related.  Does anyone know what the deal is with the lack of Wi-Fi? Brian Rosenthal even brought it up in one of his tweets.

I did find out something last night...and this is just from the guy that was working the parking lot...but I found out that the lot next to the post office...the one that is just a few steps from the arena but blocked by a high fence is going to have gates put in within the next month or so.

On a somewhat different topic...but still arena related.  Does anyone know what the deal is with the lack of Wi-Fi? Brian Rosenthal even brought it up in one of his tweets.

My wireless has been working very well in PBA.

weird...my phone couldn't even detect WiFi.

AIN'T NO WAY I'M GONNA DIVULGE MY PARKING STRATEGY FOR THE PBA.

I was so pissed when posters kept touting the parking in the north bottoms for games at Devaney.  It was like, would you just shut up already?  The more people who know about it, the tougher it will be for me to find a spot.

The only hint I'm going to give is that I'm parking in the exact same spot I parked in for games at Devaney and, last night, there was absolutely no competition for it.  And I got out quickly, too.  It just took me half an hour to walk to and from but, hey, I have some Halloween treats I need to walk off, so it's all good.

I was so pissed when posters kept touting the parking in the north bottoms for games at Devaney.  It was like, would you just shut up already?  The more people who know about it, the tougher it will be for me to find a spot.

The only hint I'm going to give is that I'm parking in the exact same spot I parked in for games at Devaney and, last night, there was absolutely no competition for it.  And I got out quickly, too.  It just took me half an hour to walk to and from but, hey, I have some Halloween treats I need to walk off, so it's all good.

Norm if you are walking from the North Bottoms you better not walk off all that Halloween candy - you will need some of that extra insulation to get you through that walk in sub-zero January weather.

weird...my phone couldn't even detect WiFi.

Mine didn't either.

Norm if you are walking from the North Bottoms you better not walk off all that Halloween candy - you will need some of that extra insulation to get you through that walk in sub-zero January weather.

Maybe the PBA is Segway friendly

600077739_4168fa13-5c6c-41c7-b09b-1f7f7b

* I had no phone issues

* I saw Norm parking.  What's it worth to you Norm B)

* I still want to know what was up with the smoke.

* The concessions suck...sorry, but they do.  If this is supposed to be a great fan experience, then the  concessions must improve...a lot.

1. What is the WiFi called? My phone did not detect it and it seems others had same problem.

3. Was that smoke or was that a mist?

4. Fries were not crispy and had a real bad oil taste. Too expensive... also disappointing that my days of husker plastic cups are over at the basketball games. I still drink out of Big 8 cups. My dad and I pretty much decided to get there early enough to take in the dining at one of the millions of restaurants in the Haymarket/ Railyard area before the games from now on.

dimes - where did that map come from?  I was in the www.pinnaclebankarena.com website earlier today and they now have a link to a parking map for mens and womens games and it shows lots 19 and 20 as $10 - same as the festival lot.   If your map comes from huskers.com it is probably accurate.   I think SMG is the entity selling the festival lot parking and I am not sure but UNL may still be controlling the sales (and getting the revenue) from Lots 19 and 20.   If that is the case the PBA website simply may not want people to know that Lots 19 and 20 are cheaper than the festival lot.

Also would be nice if someone could let people know if the access to those lots is only through Line Drive (off of Sun Valley) or if they are leaving the streets that flow into the north bottoms (Charleston to the north and 4th to the south) open either before or after games.   When they built the baseball stadium the people on Charleston made a big ruckus and got them to close the access on Charleston off for Saltdog and Husker baseball games.  Not sure if that applies to basketball now as well.

dimes - where did that map come from? 

I made it from earlier information.  $10 now?  Geez

I wonder what lot 21 will be.

ic i

I don't know that for sure - just relaying what is on the PBA website.  I suspect and hope that your map is actually correct.

I have double confirmation...it's $10.

I hope to make a depressing map graphic in the near future.

I parked in lot 19 ($5) and got in and out with no problems at all.  I guess the lot right next to the softball field was very empty.  A tad bit more of a walk, but that doesn't bother me at all.  For those that don't want to walk as far you may not want that spot.  But lots 19, 20 and 21 were very easy to get in and out of last night.  Friday will be interesting.  I don't think it will be terrible as I think people will go early and some will stay late going to the bars/restaurants since its a Friday night game.  Those Wednesday night type games where everybody goes home after the game for the most part will be interesting to see.

Just to add to the confusion...  ;) But I hope bball23's first hand info is accurate and not the info that says $10 for Lot 19/20/21. I parked downtown for the UNK game, so I can't help with any first-hand info.

I have double confirmation...it's $10.

I hope to make a depressing map graphic in the near future.

When you do be sure to pinpoint the exact location of Norm's parking spot  - assuming your map is large enough to extend out that far.  :)

Waverly?

I figure by the end of the season, I'll have lost 50 pounds from all the exercise.  And saved enough $$$ by not paying for parking to have a double order of nachos at the game.  With extra cheese sauce.