Stretch Big Podcast

Jacob Bigelow

Hello friends. Launched season two of my podcast today with a new episode giving some general thoughts and takeaways from the intrasquad scrimmage on Sunday afternoon. You can listen on Apple, Spotify, or the podcast platform of your choice. New this season, you can watch episodes on YouTube on HuskerMax’s channel if you prefer a visual medium for podcasts.

Will have lots of content coming throughout the season. Had some fun summer episodes including conversations with former Nebraska head coach Tim Miles, former Nebraska assistants Michael Lewis and Ali Farokhmanesh, and SEC associate commissioner Garth Glissman.

Check it out if you feel so inclined or if you need more basketball content in your world.

36 minutes ago, Jacob Bigelow said:

Hello friends. Launched season two of my podcast today with a new episode giving some general thoughts and takeaways from the intrasquad scrimmage on Sunday afternoon. You can listen on Apple, Spotify, or the podcast platform of your choice. New this season, you can watch episodes on YouTube on HuskerMax’s channel if you prefer a visual medium for podcasts.

Will have lots of content coming throughout the season. Had some fun summer episodes including conversations with former Nebraska head coach Tim Miles, former Nebraska assistants Michael Lewis and Ali Farokhmanesh, and SEC associate commissioner Garth Glissman.

Check it out if you feel so inclined or if you need more basketball content in your world.

Gave it a listen today. Good intro to the season and I'll add it to my pods rotation. 

53 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Gave it a listen today. Good intro to the season and I'll add it to my pods rotation. 

Appreciate that man! Had been a while since I’d done a solo show, so I definitely said um a lot and things like that, but there’ll be a lot more in depth stuff coming soon. 

11 hours ago, Jacob Bigelow said:

Appreciate that man! Had been a while since I’d done a solo show, so I definitely said um a lot and things like that, but there’ll be a lot more in depth stuff coming soon. 

Was in Toastmasters for a number of years and remember them drilling the getting rid of the ums.   I was decent at it, but got back to old habits.  Just takes practice. But hell I crack up listening to athletes talk and counting the times they say "ya know" in an interview. 

I've noticed that women athletes often say "Yeah" before they answer questions. Such as:

"What are your favorite things do before a game?"

"Yeah, I like to ..."

"Yeah" seems to be used in place of "Well, ..."

It doesn't really bother me, I just wonder how that got started. I haven't really noticed it in normal conversation, mostly just with female athletes talking to interviewers.

4 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I've noticed that women athletes often say "Yeah" before they answer questions. Such as:

"What are your favorite things do before a game?"

"Yeah, I like to ..."

"Yeah" seems to be used in place of "Well, ..."

It doesn't really bother me, I just wonder how that got started. I haven't really noticed it in normal conversation, mostly just with female athletes talking to interviewers.

Starting every answer with yeah is slightly less annoying than starting with "so".

Next episode of the pod will be out on Monday morning. Talked with Tate Frazier from The Ringer who honestly is one of my inspirations to do a CBB pod. Talked a lot of big picture CBB storylines going into the season, and he even said nice things about Nebraska without me asking him to.

Stay tuned