New Floor

3 hours ago, LincecumFan said:

Thank you for providing the Brand Guide, hhcmatt. It was a very interesting read. Definitely some items in there that I did not realize. And by the way, I merely asked the question to stimulate discussion.

It’s a topic certainly worthy of discussion, especially when you consider when Beating your Instate Rivals the Star ⭐️ Players are awarded Football Jerseys. 

On 10/7/2024 at 8:15 PM, lang said:

I bet Hugh can !!  Back row L to Rt- don’t know, Martz, Trotter, Jackman, Hoppen, Vic L, name can’t remember- but I think he was on Husker team a few years( he was from Hastings or Beatrice?), Kellog, don’t know and I don’t know the front guys.  

This pic was REALLY stumping me until you said high school all-stars.  Da, it just wasn’t computing…gettin old.

Ok, so looked it up…James Moore is the feller next to Vic ?  If so, found out  he’s from Om Burke and Martz is the one from Beatrice.  I believe Martz stuck it out at NU, but Moore moved on after two yrs.  Somebody gonna fill us in on the other guys ?

On 10/7/2024 at 5:48 PM, hhcmatt said:

I cannot find a full picture of this court that we had from 81-86

5ef51e5465e62.image.jpg?resize=1920,1080

The 1981 team of Nebraska high school players that played as Nebraska's team in a club tournament, the Las Vegas Invitational, in 1981. All the players had just finished their junior year of high school. From left, back row, Calvin Sprew, Mike Martz, Kerry Trotter, Bill Jackman, Dave Hoppen, Vic Lazzaretti, James Moore, Ron Kellogg and Mark Diaz. Sitting, Matt Peterson, co-sponsor Dick Hudson of Lincoln, assistant coach Dick Koch of Omaha Northwest, head coach Mick Anderson of Wahoo, assistant coach Terry Shelsta of Omaha Benson, co-sponsor Gary Mouden of Lincoln, trainer Dave Schultz of Grand Island and Calvin Cotton.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The 1981 team of Nebraska high school players that played as Nebraska's team in a club tournament, the Las Vegas Invitational, in 1981. All the players had just finished their junior year of high school. From left, back row, Calvin Sprew, Mike Martz, Kerry Trotter, Bill Jackman, Dave Hoppen, Vic Lazzaretti, James Moore, Ron Kellogg and Mark Diaz. Sitting, Matt Peterson, co-sponsor Dick Hudson of Lincoln, assistant coach Dick Koch of Omaha Northwest, head coach Mick Anderson of Wahoo, assistant coach Terry Shelsta of Omaha Benson, co-sponsor Gary Mouden of Lincoln, trainer Dave Schultz of Grand Island and Calvin Cotton.

One could argue the best player in the state in that class was not on the team.  Bart Kofoed. We went to the Metro all-star game the summer after they graduated.  Kofoed was really impressive. 

One could argue the best player in the state in that class was not on the team.  Bart Kofoed. We went to the Metro all-star game the summer after they graduated.  Kofoed was really impressive. 
He started his college career at Hastings. Then, he transferred to Kearney State.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, 49r said:

League Title?  At Nebraska???  A program that hasn't won a regular season league title in something like 65 years?  My man, that's a lifetime contract extension and there is no question about it.

Nah. But I don't disagree with the sentiment. Besides the contract I'd like to share my 1st thought about this discussion. My 1st thought was Pfffft, I'd bet my last dollar Nebraska would win the league title and promptly lose in the 1st round of the tournament because...Nebraska 😂

On 10/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, cornfed24-7 said:

Nah. But I don't disagree with the sentiment. Besides the contract I'd like to share my 1st thought about this discussion. My 1st thought was Pfffft, I'd bet my last dollar Nebraska would win the league title and promptly lose in the 1st round of the tournament because...Nebraska 😂

I was delighted to hear the Players talk @ B1G Media Day about making a Run in the Tournament & not just Winning 1 Game.