Pavelkatron 1000

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

No disrespect to Kent but does any really listen to him on the radio instead of just watching the game on TV?

If we win and it was a good game, I'll go back and listen to his broadcast after the fact as it's always a great listen.  The TV announcers, being unbiased, obviously can't match Kent's in-game passion and knowledge about the program.  I wish BTN allowed us to just sync the school's radio broadcast with the live TV feed...that would be a treat!

4 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

No disrespect to Kent but does any really listen to him on the radio instead of just watching the game on TV?

I do if for some reason I can only listen to the game or else occasionally I'll listen while watching the broadcast.  I also listen on the drive before and after each home game; can typically time the Hoiberg pre-game interview with my drive.

47 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I do. I sit in my office listening to the game while the TV is on in the living room.  The 3 second satellite delay works in my favor. I can catch any play I want to see by sticking my head out the door.  Gotta move quick, though.  A lot of times I'll do the same with football.  I'm sure it's a generational thing.  Growing up in the 60's and 70's, you only saw Husker football games on the tube 3 times plus the bowl game each season. Basketball, you'd get to see them only on Saturday afternoon Big 8 games.  So maybe 4-5 times.  I absolutely cherish Kent.  He and Jake work really well together. Great chemistry!

5 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I do. I sit in my office listening to the game while the TV is on in the living room.  The 3 second satellite delay works in my favor. I can catch any play I want to see by sticking my head out the door.  Gotta move quick, though.  A lot of times I'll do the same with football.  I'm sure it's a generational thing.  Growing up in the 60's and 70's, you only saw Husker football games on the tube 3 times plus the bowl game each season. Basketball, you'd get to see them only on Saturday afternoon Big 8 games.  So maybe 4-5 times.  I absolutely cherish Kent.  He and Jake work really well together. Great chemistry!

I was just about to say don't ignore Jake Muhleisen.  Kent's narrative is superlative, but Jake's knowledge of the game and program as a former player is also most informative.  Kent's great narration frees Jake to concentrate on watching what is really happening on various plays, and explaining to the audience, and integrated seamlessly with Kent's narrative.  As you said:  Great Chemistry.

What Husker Fan wouldn't want to listen to Kent!!!!  (It's not too difficult to sync, you can usually pause either the audio or visual until the play matches (I find it's easiest to match by stopping one or the other when either team makes a basket, until the other catches up to that point).

(double-click or copy the date (in blue) to open in a new tab for video.  btw: good video with Derrick doing a double-touch to get the tip)

Edited by Red Don