Big Ten Tournament

HuskerFever

16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

The PA announcer already has me like... uhhh....

I kind of love it - it's a decidedly NYC thing to do.  They just say "get outta here with your fancy PA announcer $#!t.  We're NEW YORK F*****G CITY, we don't need that flowery crap!  We're gonna throw a geek in glasses and funky teeth up there to say people's names and you're gonna like it!"

It's why NYC is the greatest city on the planet.

Just now, colhusker said:

First game?  Been in meetings

Yep.  Hurter just missed a FT to tie it up.  55-54 with 8 seconds left.

Interesting little scenario unfolded.  Happ tried to line up on the same side as Fernando during the FT to check him out.  Every time Happ would move to one side, Fernando would move to another side.  The referee made Happ stay put on one side while letting Fernando move to whatever side he wanted.  What is the correct way to handle this situation?

Just now, Mr. Red said:

Maryland down three with 7 seconds left and that's what they do for the in-bounds play?!?!?!?!?

Wow I thought Nebraska was bad with end of game inbounds plays until I witnessed that

That was terrible.  And then Hurter just gives up.  No foul.  My goodness talk about a loss of heart.  I would be pissed if I was a Maryland fan.

Maryland only made 8-9 free throws while Wisconsin made 20-24 FTs, including Happ's 6-7. That was a Badger team that only made 18-50 from the field. I have no idea how Maryland looked so pathetic against them. The Terps were fighting tooth & nail for a post-season bid, at all. Somehow the Badgers have won 5 of 7 with an extremely limited offense, it's incredible really. Prior to the tourney UW took on Sparty, only lost 68-63.

Edited by AuroranHusker