Kaylee Page leaves the program

hhcmatt

Hopefully Chatrice White gets home sick!!! We could use her on our team... Can't believe we didn't get her to stay in Nebraska

IF she did get homesick and decide to return, she may not be happy either.  I don't think she would be a starter this year, but would get minutes off the bench.  Am I correct in remembering that playing time was part of her decision with Illinois?  Going to a school like that she knew she would likely start, and she is a dominant player for them.  If the goal is to play right away, then Nebraska probably wasn't a good pick right now.  Next year, however, I think there will be more competition for a few spots.  Theriot and Shepard start for sure.  Romeo likely, too.  What about the other 2 spots?

Well, their twitter accounts appear to be pretty silent.

As a fan, this is frustrating because you get excited about a recruit, get to know a little about them, pull for them to do well, and you feel a bit invested in their success here.

If this was a situation like Hannah Tvrdy, where she gets here and maybe sees she's just not suited to this level of play and then transfers, so be it.

But it's December.  The season is young.  Sometimes freshmen have to bide their time a little bit.  The timing of this just seems like quitting.  And I didn't raise my kids to be quitters, so I just can't understand a decision to leave before the end of her first semester in college.

That's the part of it that bugs me too, Norm.  Leaving so early in her freshman season.  I'm just wondering if it was more our coach showing her the door (because of issues with parents).  Maybe Kaylee would have been happy to stick out the season, but if there was some sort of issue with parents vs Yori, then that would be an impossible situation for a student-athlete.  Just easier to be done with it and start over somewhere else.  That would quiet the parents down anyway.  Sounds like Yori had no issue with releasing both her and her sister. 

Since Kaylee is no longer on the team, she will be sitting this year anyway.  And if she transfers to D1, she will sit next year as well.  How has this helped her situation?

She would be eligible at semester next year at a D1 school, assuming she transfers at the start of the January '15 semester

Since Kaylee is no longer on the team, she will be sitting this year anyway.  And if she transfers to D1, she will sit next year as well.  How has this helped her situation?

She would be eligible at semester next year at a D1 school, assuming she transfers at the start of the January '15 semester

was literally just typing this same exact response when a new reply showed up.

Im assuming Lanie was only coming here BECAUSE of Kaylee.  I doubt she would come here a year after her sister just up and left for whatever reasons.  Its best to let her go and give both sides a fresh start.

this was true IMHO that they wanted Lanie more than they did, Kaylee but to get Lanie they had to get Kaylee.

Most likely each side needs to take a little bit of blame for this situation. They need to develop constant and positive communication between each party and each party needs to drop their stubbornness should any discord occur. 

Very diplomatic, Row 6!  Well-played. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen that too. If true I don't think that coach knows what he's getting into with her dad that close to Manhattan.

Kinda like the little league thing where my kid is the best player out there and needs to play. I wonder if he ever sat through any practices to see just how much work was needed to to displace two four year starters and two two year starters. that is a lot experience to try and beat out, and they didn't want to put the work in to beat them out. Which I don't think you could with to many players.