Kaylee Page leaves the program

hhcmatt

Welp so much for the five star helping the Huskers. Home sickness must have been bad.

I don't think that was it.... I think that CY's comments are quite telling to what was really going on.

"We understand that young people will go through some tough times in their growth toward maturity," Yori wrote in a statement. "The transition into college is often difficult for student-athletes and their parents. In our program, we encourage our student-athletes to trust the process and work hard to improve each day, and good things will happen."

Welp so much for the five star helping the Huskers. Home sickness must have been bad.

I don't think that was it.... I think that CY's comments are quite telling to what was really going on.

"We understand that young people will go through some tough times in their growth toward maturity," Yori wrote in a statement. "The transition into college is often difficult for student-athletes and their parents. In our program, we encourage our student-athletes to trust the process and work hard to improve each day, and good things will happen."

So you your saying it was mom & dad that pushed the issue?

I think there may be some other issues here concerning family and beliefs.

I think there may be some other issues here concerning family and beliefs.

K-State in play here?  Pretty close to home so it wouldn't be hard to bet on it.

have to wonder if it's more than playing time. i have noticed the team reaction during games i caught on tv and btnplus and kaylee was right in there whooping it up and jumping up and down at times. didn't appear to be someone really frustrated with the program. although, you never know once the doors are closed. seems weird that lanie entered the picture, though. does make you wonder, like the poster that mentioned "family beliefs" entered the picture. 

Ridiculous if she is leaving because of the playing time.... Surely she realizes that we have 4 seniors on the team that have played a lot in their career, She would of been playing a lot the next 3 years at a top 15 school... Was a shock to see this this morning!

Exactly...

.....maybe Dad & Mom didn't realize the kids are in another level of play...major college.

If Kaylee was more capable than the starters, I'm sure she would have played more.  But it would have been a completely different story next year.

May have been a star in HS...but this isn't HS anymore.

Way too soon to make this kind of decision.  But...it's apparently done.....really unfortunate.

I think family had a lot to do with this.  I talked to her Aunt & Uncle before one of the games and they basically told me that if Kaylee was getting starter minutes then she would show what she is capable of.  She just did not have a chance with here limited minutes.  I have also watched her mother in particular looking more & more irritated watching the games.  Also I remember when she gave us her commitment a fan of another team stated "Congratulations on recruiting Kaylee, now you are going to have to deal with her family."

Wow... This is a shock. Pretty disappointing that you can't get over the fact you're not "the one". Welcome to the real world, where everyone can play. This isn't some small town in central Kansas that you play cupcake girls anymore. This is the real deal. Very immature decision that was probably made partly by the players and partly by the parent goggle wearing mom and dad. Must not be a "team" family but more of a "we" family.

End of rant.

This is certainly disappointing, but reading the tea leaves, you'd have to say you're more disappointed with her folks.  She's a true freshman in college on a top 15 basketball team.  She cannot seriously be unhappy with her amount of playing time, can she?  So, it's the professors in her speech class?

You have to say odds are pretty good there was a parent telling her she's too good to sit on the bench or whatever.  "My daughter's better than that other girl; she should be starting instead!!!"

Sometimes, talented players aren't worth the headache their parents bring with them.