uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 27 - Indiana

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

Beating Indiana, with those 5 Championship banners hanging in Assembly Hall and those 5 Stars on their shorts, is a nice accomplishment.

Meh, we've had lots of success in Assembly Hall since joining the Big Ten.  I am not 100% sure but I think it may be the place we've gotten the most road wins in league play.  Definitely top 2 or 3 for sure.

16 minutes ago, 49r said:

Meh, we've had lots of success in Assembly Hall since joining the Big Ten.  I am not 100% sure but I think it may be the place we've gotten the most road wins in league play.  Definitely top 2 or 3 for sure.

NU is 8-11 against I.U., and that includes a 0-7 start to Hoiberg's tenure. Miles was 6-4.

Edited by AuroranHusker

20 hours ago, royalfan said:

We need PBA to be completely rocking these next two home games.  Playing 2 very dangerous teams and can easily lose to either of them.  The average fan might not realize it.  We have to help bringh these guys home.  

I thought about starting a new thread for this, but royalfan said it perfectly.  No Sit Sunday was a big deal for the Husker program and what Tim Miles did here. You can't recreate that.  However, these next two Sundays can catapult the Husker program into areas we dreamt about in the early 90's with Danny!  Everyone in attendance has to do their all to make sure Nebraska wins these games!  I know you will!  GBR!

On 2/21/2024 at 10:05 PM, royalfan said:

We need PBA to be completely rocking these next two home games.  Playing 2 very dangerous teams and can easily lose to either of them.  The average fan might not realize it.  We have to help bringh these guys home.  

Nebraska fans are generally fairly knowledgeable even though hoops is *not* the forte of many. They'll know that it's B1G-time to win these final 2. I know our section has been rockin' for most of the season, especially in the Big Ten. LET'S DO THIS!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I am from a generation where Indiana Basketball is revered.  The 1976 Hoosiers were the best team ever until proven otherwise.  Plus, I love the candy stripes.

30 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am from a generation where Indiana Basketball is revered.  The 1976 Hoosiers were the best team ever until proven otherwise.  Plus, I love the candy stripes.

Any win over Indiana still means something with 5 natty banners hanging overhead. Doesn't matter their present situation, in my mind. Gotta keep beatin' I.U. -- that's probably how Indiana feels about beating NU in football, tbh.

still hearing the radio call of that missed iU 3 that would've tied that game and instead turned into 2 the other way for us beginning that epic run where we get back up to 20 again. 

It's rare to remember such a specific play in a game that was clearly *the* turning point. 

Gotta credit IU for showing a ton of fight in the 2d half before they ran out of gas....

40 minutes ago, tcp said:

still hearing the radio call of that missed iU 3 that would've tied that game and instead turned into 2 the other way for us beginning that epic run where we get back up to 20 again. 

It's rare to remember such a specific play in a game that was clearly *the* turning point. 

Gotta credit IU for showing a ton of fight in the 2d half before they ran out of gas....

Sam Hoiberg is the embodiment of game changing juju generated from one's viewing area