How Good is the B1G

Fastbreaker

13 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Penn State handled Kansas tonight.  They have added multiple transfers to help Marisa.

watched that one also. no doubt Penn St looks improved. Marisa did her thing, but, i think she has a little weight lifted off of her shoulders.

dang. iowa appears to be a little better than i thought they would. appears their defense may have improved a bit, imo. played some pretty good 'D' at times the other night.

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

watched that one also. no doubt Penn St looks improved. Marisa did her thing, but, i think she has a little weight lifted off of her shoulders.

dang. iowa appears to be a little better than i thought they would. appears their defense may have improved a bit, imo. played some pretty good 'D' at times the other night.

So from reading this forum I can conclude that Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland all good. Minnesota and Penn St greatly improved. So apparently that leaves the Husker fighting for spots 9 thru 14. Is that about right?

1 hour ago, Fastbreaker said:

So from reading this forum I can conclude that Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland all good. Minnesota and Penn St greatly improved. So apparently that leaves the Husker fighting for spots 9 thru 14. Is that about right?

That's possible unfortunately. After a couple of years with no real changes in the top half of the B1G, it might opening up to several other teams. We've got to continue to recruit, and we don't seem to want to get into the portal thing. We must get at least a big ...but from where ?

Many of these other teams (not just the B1G) are almost abandoning developing freshmen. 

Penn State looked good with their revamped team.  Transferring in maybe half their roster. Marisa is on fire. Penn State isn't the only one. 

Even Wyoming is doing something similar with about half their team from Europe or Australia. Two of three, of their new commits, are "foreign".  Where are all the mid tier of America girls going to end up now....Div 2?

Seems like the rich are getting richer with transfers.

Edited by redsteve

On 11/14/2023 at 5:40 PM, HUD said:

Said it twice before.  Once last season and again early this season.  Illinois was and is overated.

think i stated before you may be proven right, HUD.......time will tell. haven't seen them play yet or looked at any game reviews. don't see them enterening that top 4, but, i'll keep them right on the cusp. you may get the last laugh😉

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HUD said:

Iowa State looked to me like they are not near as good since Joens is finally gone, they lost 5 players to the portal and their great 5th year point guard Emily Ryan due to an unspecified medical issue is out.  She was the one that almost came to NU.

Donarski led North Carolina in scoring last night.  ISU is relying on Freshmen, including another Joens.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 8:12 PM, Cazzie22 said:

The way WVU throttled Kansas in Lawrence is a little disconcerting.  I watched the Baylor-Texas matchup and don’t see many B1G teams their equal.

The same could be said about the MSU and PSU game. MSU beat the snot out of PSU. On PSU home floor, so where does that put us?

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The same could be said about the MSU and PSU game. MSU beat the snot out of PSU. On PSU home floor, so where does that put us?

Understood, but Mckenna Marisa did not play for PSU.  I am still not sure how strong the B1G is compared to the Big XII.  We need to keep up our performance level and not suffer a let down in Madison.