Off-season off topic: The days of the week

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

We need a thread on one hit wonders. What do you think, Cip?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Good idea, but let's do it with a twist. Post a one hit wonder and the others can try to name another song released from that band. (Without using Google or another internet source, you are on the honor system) I'll start:

Good idea, but let's do it with a twist. Post a one hit wonder and the others can try to name another song released from that band. (Without using Google or another internet source, you are on the honor system) I'll start:

I have no idea who that is.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Greatest one hit wonder song of all time.  This was actually a B side of some song Steam thought was gonna be a hit.  Back in the 60's DJ's sometimes would play the B side of a record they didn't like.  Steam figured they'd come up with a song that was so stupid, no DJ would play the B side.  They actually went throughout the studio they were in to bring in artists that weren't part of the group to do the song.  That's why they are lip syncing to their Number One hit.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Greatest one hit wonder song of all time.  This was actually a B side of some song Steam thought was gonna be a hit.  Back in the 60's DJ's sometimes would play the B side of a record they didn't like.  Steam figured they'd come up with a song that was so stupid, no DJ would play the B side.  They actually went throughout the studio they were in to bring in artists that weren't part of the group to do the song.  That's why they are lip syncing to their Number One hit.

The “most successful” one-hit wonder is something called “Heat Waves” by someone called Glass Animals. 

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard that song. 

Heck, at one point “The Macarena” was the most successful one-hit wonder (and single) ever, so there’s that. 

The greatest one-hit wonder by my standards is “Keep Your Hands To Yourself” by Georgia Satellites. 

Edited by atskooc

41 minutes ago, atskooc said:

The “most successful” one-hit wonder is something called “Heat Waves” by someone called Glass Animals. 

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard that song. 

Heck, at one point “The Macarena” was the most successful one-hit wonder (and single) ever, so there’s that. 

The greatest one-hit wonder by my standards is “Keep Your Hands To Yourself” by Georgia Satellites. 

Glass Animals are an Alternative/Indie rock band.  I think they are still making music.