2023 Football

hskr4life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The positives. We forced Minnesota to become a passing team.  We stopped their run game.

The negatives.  The offense made me sick.  Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  My worry came true.  Sims was turnover prone at Georgia Tech.  He reminds me of Adrian.  He has brilliant plays, and does not value the ball like he needs to.

34 minutes ago, brfrad said:

The positives. We forced Minnesota to become a passing team.  We stopped their run game.

The negatives.  The offense made me sick.  Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  My worry came true.  Sims was turnover prone at Georgia Tech.  He reminds me of Adrian.  He has brilliant plays, and does not value the ball like he needs to.

Similar assessment, but I think our defense and special teams has massively improved. I haven't seen the small details all come together like they did today in Frost's entire tenure. Lots to be optimistic about. But you can't win games if your offense is abysmal.

19 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Similar assessment, but I think our defense and special teams has massively improved. I haven't seen the small details all come together like they did today in Frost's entire tenure. Lots to be optimistic about. But you can't win games if your offense is abysmal.

The offense did some good things.  181 rushing against a good defense is a good total.  Absolutely have to take care of the ball.  My optimistic view is we were much more physical than Minnesota.   A team that prides itself on being physical. 

This has got to be an anomaly right?  No other team loses games like this right?  Like how in the heck can we lose like this across multiple years, coaches, etc? 

Why do we keep coming back from more?  When we had the ball up with 4 minutes left, I looked at someone and said “we’ll turn it over and find a way to lose”.  That’s just Nebraska right now.  

Sure, there are things to be excited about, but we dropped a winnable game against a beatable team.  We don’t get a lot of those in a year.  Colorado now becomes huge.  Can’t start 0-2.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Sure, there are things to be excited about, but we dropped a winnable game against a beatable team.  We don’t get a lot of those in a year.  Colorado now becomes huge.  Can’t start 0-2.

Yes, we can. I can assure you this is something we are entirely capable of.

Edited by atskooc

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

This has got to be an anomaly right?  No other team loses games like this right?  Like how in the heck can we lose like this across multiple years, coaches, etc? 

Why do we keep coming back from more?  When we had the ball up with 4 minutes left, I looked at someone and said “we’ll turn it over and find a way to lose”.  That’s just Nebraska right now.  

My question is why did we go away from pounding the rock? Minny had hands on knees and was out of gas. Then, its like okay lets throw the ball. because you know Sims has thrown two INTs. I just don't get why coaches think that they have to go against what has been working.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

My question is why did we go away from pounding the rock? Minny had hands on knees and was out of gas. Then, its like okay lets throw the ball. because you know Sims has thrown two INTs. I just don't get why coaches think that they have to go against what has been working.

Not going to lie— i said I’d take a shot at the deep ball on that first down too.  Not a bad decision AND he was open.  Sims didn’t make the throw.  However, I would have ran it 2nd and 3rd down so that you could run a little clock.  It’s the 2nd pass that had me questioning.