2023-24 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

11 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Indiana, Ohio State, and Michigan will be calling the same coaches in another month.  Which phone call gets picked up first?

Gotta think Nate Oats is gonna be high on all their lists, and with the way UK fans are turning on Cal, Kentucky might be in play for him too.

27 minutes ago, 49r said:

Saw this on Reddit this morning and thought it was interesting:

Very interesting!  A lot of those numbers tend to even out into a normal home/road split when you adjust your view based on KenPom's FTA offense and defense numbers.  Purdue is a team in general that hasn't put people on the line but has generated trips to the line so they basically have had the same sort of home/road splits as Minnesota.  Nebraska having such a large difference and Ohio St have a small difference is unexpected though opponents played thus far could dictate something like that.

Before looking at this chart and just looking at KenPom, I'd expect Nebraska to shoot more FTs than NW on Wednesday.  Now I know I should adjust to more of an even type expectation.

Anyone see the Creighton game last night?  I forgot it was on because of course the Husker game was on and when I remembered it was middle of 2nd half so I tapped it and watched it after NU.  Providence won 91-87 in OT and the officials would not call a foul, on anything!  Both teams had fouls to give late into the overtime.  It was like they said "well, we haven't called anything yet, we can't start now"  I also realized that Providence is a bubble team we probably want to lose and Creighton winning helps us.  I just can't root for them.  Traudt hardly plays for them now and they really only play 6 guys with their "big 3" hardly coming off the floor.  It will be interesting to see if they wear down as we hit the home stretch.  Okay, enough about Creighton.

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Anyone see the Creighton game last night?  I forgot it was on because of course the Husker game was on and when I remembered it was middle of 2nd half so I tapped it and watched it after NU.  Providence won 91-87 in OT and the officials would not call a foul, on anything!  Both teams had fouls to give late into the overtime.  It was like they said "well, we haven't called anything yet, we can't start now"  I also realized that Providence is a bubble team we probably want to lose and Creighton winning helps us.  I just can't root for them.  Traudt hardly plays for them now and they really only play 6 guys with their "big 3" hardly coming off the floor.  It will be interesting to see if they wear down as we hit the home stretch.  Okay, enough about Creighton.

One anecdote worth sharing, Baylor Scheierman is "one of one" in the NCAA history for having 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists, and 300 made-threes.

May be an image of 1 person, playing basketball and text that says 'BAYLOR SCHEIE CHEIERMAN FIRST PL AYERIN NCAA. HISTORY 2000 300 POINTS 3PTFGS 1000 55 500 REBOUNDS ASSISTS Oney One One Players in NCAA History with 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists and 300 3-pointers....'

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

That's pretty cool for a kid from Aurora.

(That's the nicest thing I can probably say about a Creighton player -- I feel kind of dirty)

It is how I feel too, and I'm from there. Tom Kropp is still the greatest from Aurora, but B.S. could eclipse Kropp in that pro-ball-success stratosphere some day. That's heady stuff for a kid from a central Nebraska town of around 4,500.