Transfer with NU interest

Row6Seat10

Just announced last Friday is that KU sophomore guard Lauren Aldridge has decided to transfer. Might want to keep an eye out to where she ends up. My guess is that she could surface at UC Santa Barbara where Bonnie Hendrikson the head coach that recruited her to KU is now coaching. Or Nebraska or Missouri as she had shown some interest in NU and Missouri when she was in high school but originally decided on KU. She’s out of Marshfield Missouri a town in the southwest part of the state.

She lead KU last season in scoring and assists, scoring just over 11 points per game and averaged just over 35 minutes a game and shot just under 36% from behind the arc.

L._.Aldridge_aspx_t180.jpg?370a03faaa4bd

http://www.kansan.com/sports/ku-women-s-basketball-pg-lauren-aldridge-to-transfer/article_248c857c-e7e2-11e5-ae69-3fbf6281c258.html

http://www.kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5777

Excellent prospect with some real college PG valuable experience.

I remember she was Big 12 freshman of year, but that's about all I recall. Don't think Kansas as a team....was very good this year..

The article says she's from Missouri, so may hope to stay in the area ?

well, i guess if she did transfer to the huskers, isn't this what the guard situation would look like at the time of aldridge's eligibility?:

Cincore sr

Nat  sr

Wood  sr

Simon jr

Doyle so

Whitish so

Cayton so

Nicea (can't remember how to spell last name) so

providing no redshirts (at this time, wouldn't surprise me if there is one)

Mitchell is very likely going to play a lot of stretch 4.

Yes, my thoughts too. We would take on a another needed dimension, with a stronger 4 presence.

It would seem we will need in 2017 another post(s) soon....not guards.

If Aldridge were to come and sit a year, she would not be part of the mix for another year. But she may be seeing our current need for guards. Sure wouldn't turn  her down. No idea about  the status of guards at Mo.

I agree NU is the better school than MU but I am a homer.  Big is also a better conference than SEC for womens bball. (they might have the edge in football. lol) That said, Mu has it rolling right now and has a freshman class that is really good like ours which after a redshirt year she would be joining at either school as a jr. Sophie Cunningham was SEC freshman of the year and is at least as dominant as Jess, and they have a freshman post Cheadle I think is her name who some think may be a pro some day also.  I do think we will get a visit which gives us hope.  Somebody told me she and Woody know each other, and I think she knows Kendyl also. 

• 2 weeks later...