Signing day!

ajb5856

Good second push for players. We need a big for next year. Right now we have only two bigs. I think we need four, but who knows what is the mind of Professor Miles.

Professor Miles would tell his students not to write in such a way that makes the reader tilt his head to the right to be able to read what was written...... ;)

Here was what I saw, guess we can take it for what it is:

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

Tai Webster is still committed, is academically strong and not taking other visits; wants to wait until Dec. 3 visit to make decision final.

1h T-magic_normal.jpgClark Uhrmacher@cuhrmacher1

@HuskerExtraBR so does that mean he won't sign until the spring?

Expand

1h rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@cuhrmacher1 Not necessarily. I'll explain in a story to come.

Here is some more:

Only look for two #Nebrasketball signees today: Guards Nate Hawkins and Nick Fuller. Tai Webster still on board, visiting Dec. 3.

5h 4c799ad79a9877c89f72015c504a03fe_normal.jpegAdam Aschenbrenner@PopeBrenner

@HuskerExtraBR any chance Webster doesn't sign during the early signing period???

5h rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@PopeBrenner Yes.

5h 4c799ad79a9877c89f72015c504a03fe_normal.jpegAdam Aschenbrenner@PopeBrenner

@HuskerExtraBR any worry that he'll take visits to any other schools?

5h rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@PopeBrenner Not at this point.

And the last thing. Hope this isn't true but it is just somebody asking questions, No evidence that this true or even being thought about.

Trey Smith@DryHuskerFrog

@HuskerExtraBR hmmm

1h rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@DryHuskerFrog yeah...

1h 41a19935ed7c735615bc79f1ad889eb2_normal.jpegTrey Smith@DryHuskerFrog

@HuskerExtraBR I bet he's shopping tapes around CBB looking for a "better" offer. If so, he's a clown

48m rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@DryHuskerFrog I don't believe that's the case.

45m 41a19935ed7c735615bc79f1ad889eb2_normal.jpegTrey Smith@DryHuskerFrog

@HuskerExtraBR I hope you're right. What do you think his reason(s) for holding out are ?

42m rosenthal_normal.jpgBrian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR

@DryHuskerFrog Because he's never been here, and wants to see the place. Timing is the bad thing.

These last minute things used to just happen in football. I hate this kind of stuff. Bad enough to miss out on that big kid you wanted but then to have someone not sign his LOI and possibly wait until spring just kind of puts a damper on this signing period. Sure, could all turn out fine but it'd be a little more relaxed if everything went smoothly without this late kind of wrinkle stuff. Oh well. Roll with the punches.

Speaking, as some were, of Tai Webster trying to explain where Nebraska is... While in Boston, sometimes referred to as The Hub (as in "of the universe"), some time ago, I told to an elderly, lifetime Boston resident that I was from Nebraska. When she asked where that was, I explained it was about in the middle of the country geographically. She remained puzzled and I began to tell her what states bordered us. Eventually, the only light that came on for her led to the exclamation, "Oh, you mean its land locked!" It would not at all surprise me if some of TW's family/friends knew more about the geography of Nebraska than many of the residents of our own United States. Here's to a high school ejukayshun!