Michigan St. post game chatter

1 hour ago, NUtball said:

Have to compliment Markowski for recovering from setting the record for worst shooting percentage on a single possession early and having a big game when the Stooges refused to call any fouls on her defenders. 😀

Maybe her biggest assets are she never gets rattled, and never quits. Missed some shots, it just seems to make her more determined. Focused always. When it's on the line she is pretty reliable. Other teams know it.

The supporting cast came up big time today.

3 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

In my opinion tomorrow we need to do a box and 1 with KM on Seilers. Make the rest of the team beat us

But will they? Do you think that the teams have now put that in their scout?

11 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

In my opinion tomorrow we need to do a box and 1 with KM on Seilers. Make the rest of the team beat us

In the tournament they have 5 averaging double digits.  I'm not sure I like the idea of trying to stop one, that in truth is not their leading scorer in the tourney.  I do, however, like the idea of boxing them out of the paint.  In my honest opinion I think the team that wins the rebounding battle wins the game.  Though game three you're now getting into who has the legs to battle and who has the legs set their feet to shoot.  Hopefully we have the fresher legs.  Of their starting five, four of them have 70+ minutes.  Our starters should be in much better shape save Jaz's 74 minutes

5 hours ago, caveman said:

In the tournament they have 5 averaging double digits.  I'm not sure I like the idea of trying to stop one, that in truth is not their leading scorer in the tourney.  I do, however, like the idea of boxing them out of the paint.  In my honest opinion I think the team that wins the rebounding battle wins the game.  Though game three you're now getting into who has the legs to battle and who has the legs set their feet to shoot.  Hopefully we have the fresher legs.  Of their starting five, four of them have 70+ minutes.  Our starters should be in much better shape save Jaz's 74 minutes

:ph34r:  From the Tournament Game Page:

Maryland’s season has been affected by injuries, as the Terps have been limited to a seven-player rotation in the Big Ten Tournament. Sellers played much of the Big Ten season while battling multiple injuries but has still averaged 15.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists on the year. Sellers has been dynamic, averaging 18.0 points and 7.5 assists in the tournament’s first two games.

• Shyanne Sellers led Maryland with 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in the win over the Buckeyes, Jakia Brown-Turner and Brinae Alexander each contributed 19 points. Faith Masonius pitched in a big double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
  • The Terps have lost Lavender Briggs (8.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg) and freshman Riley Nelson (5.1 ppg) to injury. That duo combined for 36 points off the bench in the first meeting this season between Nebraska and Maryland in Lincoln (Dec. 31) - an 87-81 Husker win. Emma Chardon is also out for the year.