2024 Football

Huskerpapa

51 minutes ago, throwback said:

That's been pretty rare the past several years, so it was impressive. We looked like a veteran team that knows what it's doing. 

It showed me that Rhule knows what he needs to do to be successful at Nebraska. Always developing depth, making smart players play 'smart', and always evaluating for ways to improve. That's the key for this team, don't settle for whatever took place prior to this season, be great each & every day. That's how to win. Let's do it again next Saturday.

A bit of a reality check...every team in our conference won this weekend with the exception of Minnesota who lost to another power conference opponent, by missing a field goal. 

I was happy with our win and thought we had a high number of positive takeaways.  BUT, we need to continue to elevate our game, significantly, to get back to the upper echelon of teams.

6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Now, that was fun!  That first half was an unbelievable display of quality husker football.  The second half was more or less, not great football.  But what the hell, a fantastic, feel good, win!

The 2nd half was a Clown Show by the refs.  It got to the point where I was pleading for the Big 10 to sub out their refs.

Colorado did not get called for holding in the 2nd half.  This includes the time the Colorado OL literally grabbed the Nebraska's DL by the jersey.  There was a time Rahimer got called for a block in the back and he didn't even touch the Colorado guy.  The refs probably cost us 2 more scores in the 2nd half.  

Colorado had it's share of questionable calls, like the roughing the passer.  But, like Rhule said we had far more go against us.

It got to the point where me and a buddy would joke on a big play that there was going to be a flag.  Sure enough, there was.

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

GXCmmtQWQAAFI33?format=jpg&name=large

Just an aside.  I had the opportunity to very quickly say hello to Dr. Tom at the game.  He seems healthy; but is certainly starting to look his age.  

He also appears to really like our team this year.  

I personally believe that Coach Rhule embracing Frank Solich and Coach Darlington (as well as Dr. Tom) creates a ton of goodwill amongst the alumni.