Britt Prince

Bugeaters1

I never had one minutes doubt that she would commit to Nebraska.  Just thought it would be one month earlier.  Great recruiting class with her, A. Hargrove (number 2 recruit out if Illi. and Kennadi.  Leaves one open scholarship if Stewart and Krull come back for their 5th (covid) season.

11 hours ago, HUD said:

I never had one minutes doubt that she would commit to Nebraska.  Just thought it would be one month earlier.  Great recruiting class with her, A. Hargrove (number 2 recruit out if Illi. and Kennadi.  Leaves one open scholarship if Stewart and Krull come back for their 5th (covid) season.

Will Kennadi be taking one of the available scholarships?  

• hhcmatt changed the title to Britt Prince
3 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Does she really need to take a scholarship? I think employees children get a discounted rate. Plus Williams make a pretty good salary as our head coach.

3 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Does she really need to take a scholarship? I think employees children get a discounted rate. Plus Williams make a pretty good salary as our head coach.

I'm pretty sure she is on scholarship.  It will be fun to stream our three 2024 recruits as they play their last high school season.  I did that last year with Nissely and Potts.  

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

Wasn't sure this would happen. Great get for this team. Thinking we could have two years for Britt and Allison if she can come back. 

let's just say this ---- NU was mom's choice but Indiana was Britt's.  Guess who won out.  Helicopter mom with 4 rotors.  we'll see how long it lasts.

n

2 hours ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

let's just say this ---- NU was mom's choice but Indiana was Britt's.  Guess who won out.  Helicopter mom with 4 rotors.  we'll see how long it lasts.

n

30 minutes ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

As strongly as Prince wanted to go Indiana, don't hold your breath. this was NOT the kids decision to make.  Believe it or not? your choice but these things do not always end well.  guess we'll see.

no

And what is your source for all this inside info.  I heard from a good source that mom wanted Louisville and dad wanted Iowa but Britt wants to play with her good buddy Kennedi.

2 hours ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

As strongly as Prince wanted to go Indiana, don't hold your breath. this was NOT the kids decision to make.  Believe it or not? your choice but these things do not always end well.  guess we'll see.

Rather than respond with a haha emoji, why not answer Fastbreakers question?

Regardless of what version is factual or if it is somewhere in the middle. Amy and staff need to keep trending upward with our play on the court and in recruiting. With the portal as it is it makes it real easy for kids to leave one program and go to another, even within the conference. Let's hope they all decide that Nebraska was the right choice. 

All three schools listed are normally in the top 15 and among the top contenders in their conference. All three have good coaches. I can see Britt taking a hard look at these schools. Yes maybe the parents wanted her to go to a school they think will allow more success on the court. I also think we need to look at the teammate part of this. Look at the VB team. The 5 freshman have played a lot together and have become good friends before even coming to NE. So maybe Britt was leaning toward Indiana and we have Kennadi to thank for her coming to NE. I have no idea just happy she is coming. As John Baylor often says, "There is more wood to chop". 

As we often see with a lot of players, being close to home and near friends and family is a draw in and of itself.  Whether players see that right out of HS or 2-3 years down the road when they transfer back, it happens all of the time.

If Britt really wanted to go to Indiana, and had 0 intentions of going to Nebraska, she would have.  You’re not going to convince me that her interest in Nebraska was 0 and the ONLY reason she committed was her parent(s).  I’m not saying her parent(s) didn’t push her in this direction or want her to stay in state.  Every parent in the recruiting process does.  I am saying that her commitment to UNL is not SOLELY because of a parent or parents as a prior post hints at.

39 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

As we often see with a lot of players, being close to home and near friends and family is a draw in and of itself.  Whether players see that right out of HS or 2-3 years down the road when they transfer back, it happens all of the time.

If Britt really wanted to go to Indiana, and had 0 intentions of going to Nebraska, she would have.  You’re not going to convince me that her interest in Nebraska was 0 and the ONLY reason she committed was her parent(s).  I’m not saying her parent(s) didn’t push her in this direction or want her to stay in state.  Every parent in the recruiting process does.  I am saying that her commitment to UNL is not SOLELY because of a parent or parents as a prior post hints at.

Agree!

"I’m grateful for the opportunity to represent and impact my home-state team in a place that really supports their athletic programs,” Prince told the Omaha World-Herald. “My longstanding familiarity and weekly phone calls with Coach (Amy) Williams really solidified our relationship and belief in each other.”