Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

15 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Fight in the LSU So. Carolina game. Fans coming on to the court.

Watching the refs sort it out One So Caro cold cocked a LSU player, sent her flying to the floor. Cops jumped in....benches clear...

Wild one going on. So far several players have been ejected (not sure how many), technicals, fans thrown out....fun times at the court

Edited by redsteve

Just now, redsteve said:

Watching the refs sort it out One So Caro cold cocked a LSU player, sent her flying to the floor. Cops jumped in....benches clear...

Wild one going on. So far one So Caro has been ejected, technicals, fans thrown out....fun times at the court

The benchs have been cleared out.

Started earlier in the game when Angel threw a player down during a rebound by the hair and I think got a no call. Then a push to the face on purpose that got a flagrant   Then the “ started when both teams where crisscrossing to their benches on a time out. LSU player shoved a USC player and USC center came flying in and trimmed the LSU player. Then it got fun😎 

• 2 weeks later...

was talking to a close friend of mine.........he stated if Dawn Plitzeweit had stayed at USD, Ashlyn Koupal from South Dakota would have been a lock. she has stated that is where she really wants to go......however, things are a bit shaky there. it still sounds like Koupal may be USD's to lose. 

never know, but, he didn't think she would go with Plitzeweit at Minnesota.

i'd love to see her in the "other" red. imo, would be a great get for Williams.

47 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

could someone be kind enough to explain what the scholarship situation is currently. i know the huskers have 3 signed for 2024. would they have 3 that are available presently?

I will try.  The team can have 13 scholarship athletes.  The current roster has the following: Nissley, Weidner, Markowski, Potts, Hake, Petrie, Moriarty, Coley, Prince and Hightower.  In addition, I believe Krull can come back for her Covid year, but I am not 100% sure on that; plus, you have Williams coming in.  The kicker is I do not know the status of her scholarship.  Is it for softball or basketball...

So it looks like we have one scholarship definitely open, and "possibly" one or two more depending on answers to the Krull and Williams questions above.

I will try.  The team can have 13 scholarship athletes.  The current roster has the following: Nissley, Weidner, Markowski, Potts, Hake, Petrie, Moriarty, Coley, Prince and Hightower.  In addition, I believe Krull can come back for her Covid year, but I am not 100% sure on that; plus, you have Williams coming in.  The kicker is I do not know the status of her scholarship.  Is it for softball or basketball...
So it looks like we have one scholarship definitely open, and "possibly" one or two more depending on answers to the Krull and Williams questions above.
I read where Williams will be on a softball scholarship.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I read where Williams will be on a softball scholarship.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

It is funny though, as you read articles about the matter, they indicate she committed to play softball and basketball here, but stops short of scholarship discussion.  I guess that brings about a bit of confusion.   

16 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I think teams are allowed 15 scholarships in WBB.  Men are limited to 13.  Title 9 thing?

20 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I think teams are allowed 15 scholarships in WBB.  Men are limited to 13.  Title 9 thing?

That is what I thought as well...whilst looking up the above stuff I ran into this and blindly relied on it.

How many women's basketball scholarships are given each year?

NCAA Division I

Division I women's basketball programs are limited to 13 full tuition scholarships, while the men's programs are capped at 15 full ride scholarships. That means only 13 women and 15 men will receive Division I basketball scholarships in any given year.
Edited by Huskerpapa