2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

3 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Don't look now, but Purdue only scored 48 at Indiana, shot in the 30s for a percentage, and Edwards was 4-24 (0-10 from 3). So it makes perfect sense we would be their next opponent SMH.

Hoosiers have caught a couple of good breaks in terms of really good teams deciding to not shoot well against them or probably taking them too lightly. 

But yeah, we're probably going to have to pay the bill for that loss. And Purdue knows we can't match up with them anyway. It'll probably get pretty ugly. 

4 hours ago, tcp said:

Hoosiers have caught a couple of good breaks in terms of really good teams deciding to not shoot well against them or probably taking them too lightly. 

But yeah, we're probably going to have to pay the bill for that loss. And Purdue knows we can't match up with them anyway. It'll probably get pretty ugly. 

Purdie won...48 to 46 Ha!  IU struggling as much as us!

59 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

lol holy cow, I assumed they lost. well, break then counterbreak. 

Okay, so they'll probably be relieved instead. Much better. 

I still expect a curbstomping, but man, even we haven't lost to a team we held under 50. 

5 minutes ago, tcp said:
1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

lol holy cow, I assumed they lost. well, break then counterbreak. 

Okay, so they'll probably be relieved instead. Much better. 

I still expect a curbstomping, but man, even we haven't lost to a team we held under 50. 

Two observations:

1)  Penn St. scored 95 last night while Purdue & Indiana combined to score 94.  That's sad on a variety of levels for multiple teams.

2) "Even we haven't lost to a team we held under 50".  Be careful here...that sounds like a challenge this team might be willing to embrace and meet!!!

3 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Two observations:

1)  Penn St. scored 95 last night while Purdue & Indiana combined to score 94.  That's sad on a variety of levels for multiple teams.

2) "Even we haven't lost to a team we held under 50".  Be careful here...that sounds like a challenge this team might be willing to embrace and meet!!!

I know, 'hold my beer', right? what a messed up season. 

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

Rutgers is up 10 right now on MSU at East Lansing. MSU looks lost without Ward. 

Sort of how we have been looking without Cope.  I am not attempting to be mean spirited.  We were starting to look discombobulated with Cope, but since he has been out, we have been searching for our offense without much success.

13 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

PSU is 4-2 this month after starting out zip for 10.... meanwhile, NU wins 2 of its past 11.

The Nits are better than we are now, if the head-to-head wasn't a clue. 

There are three teams at the bottom of the wastebasket that are just trainwrecks--Hoosiers, us and Northwestern. 

The fight for worst is pretty intense. 

1 minute ago, tcp said:

The Nits are better than we are now, if the head-to-head wasn't a clue. 

There are three teams at the bottom of the wastebasket that are just trainwrecks--Hoosiers, us and Northwestern. 

The fight for worst is pretty intense. 

Yeah, obviously PSU is a better ballclub now, amazing they were 0 for 10 to begin, tho. Stinks that Cope's devastating injury brought out the worst in NU's game, overall. 

Hoosiers take out Sparty. Bad on two fronts. A) Sparty's going to be upset when we play them. B) We're now two games from rock bottom in the league. Only NWs slightly greater incompetence stands between Huskers and virtual hoops infamy. 

Edited by tcp