2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

Picked up a nice road win today! Huskers needed to go 4-1 or 5-0 on this road trip. Good start.

Indiana St is usually a solid team and will likely have a decent RPI this year so I was hoping at worst we went 1-1.  So mission accomplished.  Hate to say we need to sweep any team as that's tough to do in baseball...but yeah, we need to sweep Purdue for RPI purposes.  They are not good. 

New poster on the baseball portion of this website. Didn't know there was so many worries about Darin Erstad as coach. I personally think he is solid and has been slowly building us back up to a really good baseball team. ALOT of contributors are underclassmen.

Anyways, they are on a roll now. 12 of 13 I believe. Let's get the sweep tomorrow. GBR

New poster on the baseball portion of this website. Didn't know there was so many worries about Darin Erstad as coach. I personally think he is solid and has been slowly building us back up to a really good baseball team. ALOT of contributors are underclassmen.

Anyways, they are on a roll now. 12 of 13 I believe. Let's get the sweep tomorrow. GBR

roll team roll,Here are the season stats for the BIG 10.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-basebl/stats/2015-2016/confstat.html

I want to say that winning our last X number of games means we are really starting to get on a nice run and roll. We haven't played the most difficult competition though. The Indiana State sweep on the road was nice. Now if we beat Creighton, sweep Illinois, and beat Kansas State.... Well first things first and that's Creighton.

Creighton is better than they have been. We have beaten them like a bad child for years. It may be tougher this year. Love to beat them so give 'em hell tomorrow night.

They have won 16 out of 17 and 10 straight I believe. Don't know how good their opponents were tho.

Really dont like the matchup tomorrow. They are throwing one of their better arms, and we are throwing Knutson who, to put it nicely, struggles to find the strike zone. I'm wrong plenty, but I would feel much better if we were throwing King or Meyers.

King has been in the sophomore slump.  Very disappointing so far.  I agree on Jake.  He's a gamer plus he would get the Creighton thing.  Max has good stuff but you are correct, he struggles mightily with control..  Hopefully tuesday night is when he gets it figured out.  

Creighton is better than they have been. We have beaten them like a bad child for years. It may be tougher this year. Love to beat them so give 'em hell tomorrow night.

They have won 16 out of 17 and 10 straight I believe. Don't know how good their opponents were tho.

Not good as far as their opponents.  They certainly don't schedule tough.  Knutson is on the bump tonight which I kind of find shocking.  Good stuff, terrible command.  Hopefully it works out.