Wisconsin Game Thread: Creative Visualization for Ray....

cipsucks

I left at halftime and just got back from getting a haircut. It appears I didn't miss too much.

It also appears that Bruesewitz needs a haircut as well. Did he show up for the second half again?

I, too, got a haircut before the game.  My wife cuts my hair.  I suggested next time she cuts my hair, she'd do it topless so I had something to do while she cut my hair.

She said no effin way.

There goes another potential 'W'. Not sure we can pull it off in Madison.

I am not sure we pull off a win anywhere from here on.  We just don't have anyone that can make a shot as needed.

Is this just an angry responsive comment after a bad game? Or is this a rational serious thought?

Not angry at all, we blew a chance and I really don't see another W if we can't win that one.

I left at halftime and just got back from getting a haircut. It appears I didn't miss too much.

It also appears that Bruesewitz needs a haircut as well. Did he show up for the second half again?

I, too, got a haircut before the game.  My wife cuts my hair.  I suggested next time she cuts my hair, she'd do it topless so I had something to do while she cut my hair.

She said no effin way.

Maybe next time you should suggest she cuts your hair during the game and stand in front of you the entire time. That way, you don't have to watch a bad game and constantly have to suggest that Almeida needs a "trim" as well.

When do we get our first Big 10 win?  Hopefully at the latest our next home game against Purdue (game #5).

penn state/northwestern home games...maybe

I have a feeling our first win will be on the road.  No idea what game that will be.  But someone will looking past us bigtime, and they'll get beat.

BTW, I don't think it will happen this next week........

• 2 weeks later...
Man, I am discouraged now.

And not with the guys' effort, I think they played a pretty decent game today.

After watching Wisconsin go down to Bloomington and drop Indiana, I guess maybe I'm not as discouraged as I was a week ago.

Maybe our team doesn't suck as bad as we originally thought it did.  Either that, or Tim Miles has done one HELL and I repeat, one HELL of a job coaching these guys...

Either way, I am quite a bit more encouraged about the future of Husker hoops tonight.

...and fwiw hskr4life, in the next 4 games rpiforecast has our odds as follows:

Date   Team                               Prob. of NU Win   Spread

1-16 Purdue (154.7) B10 H               51%               0.3

1-19 Penn St. (193.3) B10 A             52%               0.6

1-22 Illinois (37.6) B10 H                   33%             -4.9

1-26 Northwestern (136.8) B10 H     55%              1.3

The number in parenthesis is the teams' "expected RPI" according to them, our expected RPI right now is 110.

I mean, I look at those four games and I can see it wouldn't be impossible for us to go 4-0...our toughest game is Illinois, and we got them at home.

Remember when Danny was here he always talked about breaking the season down into game chunks.

I think he used 4 games at a time, so that the season didn't seem so long and that way the players don't spin out of control if something bad happened. (i.e. losing streak, always wanted to use i.e. ^_^ )

I kind of did that when the Big started.  I don't like to look ahead too much because I tend to then not worry about what is going on right now.  That would be in sports and my personal life also. ;)

But the first 4 were games that we played most likely weren't winnable.  HOWEVER, the next 4 are winnable if we continue to play like we are. 

After these 4 games I haven't looked at any more, but it does help make the season more easy to handle mentally. Well for me anyway. B)

I do that too, only I generally limit it to two games.  One week.  Lots can happen in a week in college hoops.  No sense getting too worked up about that Iowa game in February right now.  We've got a bigun at home tonight.  Let's worry about that one.

That's how I look at it.