Doc's 2012 JuCo's vs Miles 2013 Juco's

Ok, not that I'm disappointed or discouraged with Miles difficulties to fill out the class.  But does anyone agree we would have been better off if Miles had kept Jerran Young & Fahro Alihozdic rather than how the final 2 scholarships this year will be used?  (Leslie Smith & MAYBE Tumalla).

If we whiff on Tumalla, I'd think that would definately be advantage to Doc's JuCos from last year.

Gotta think both Young & Alihozdic could have helped this year as both averaged 15 ppg & 5-6 rbs per game.  Young has shown to be super athletic.  Having both on the roster would have given 3 available scholarships for next year rather than just the 1 if we fill this year.  Plus we might have ade the post season with the what both of them could have brought to the table.  Have to believe we could have found 3-4 more wins with both of them.

I know Miles wanted to swing for the fences & avoid JuCos but we're back in the JuCo market & not exactly pulling in the top propects from JuCo. 

Smith will be fine & Tumalla could be really good.  But I'm not sure we really gained much in letting those 2 go (although don't blame Miles considering he probably knew nothing about either of them & Alihozdic had been booted from his JuCo team).

I'm guessing Gallegos is just as good as young, so they would basically just be taking each other minutes in their senior years.

Fahro was a troublemaker.

Keith Coleman might have been a better option than Leslee smith though.

keith is 6'10 245. Probably better suited than Smith for the B1G.

Coleman averaged 8 minutes per game at North Texas (2ppg 2 rbs & I'm being generous).  Coleman is a dud.

Gallegoes is not like Young. 

Young is 6'5 athletic build, slashes to the hole & can rebound effectively.

Gallegoes is 6'1 skinny, only can shoot the 3 (at sub 30%) doesn't like to go to the hole.

These 2 aren't even close to the same player.

Hard to say on Alihozdic.  Yes he's eastern Euro (which most of those guys are crooks right?).  But couldn't find anything concrete on his character.

No, don't agree that we'd be better off.

I'll take my chances right now on Miles evaluations over Doc's.  

Fahro and Young are average players at best.   Young would have made us no better....you already have Shields and Rivers.   Fahro would've given us some minutes but its highly unlikely that he would have made the difference in any outcomes.  Coleman didn't play much on a bad North Texas team. 

Had we taken these guys....maybe we are 16-17 right now instead of 15-18 and don't have the room for guys like Smith, Tumalla, or Davis.....all of whom I'd take over any of the 3 from last year.

Coaches want players they know or are comfortable with.  The only two players Miles kept from Doc's recruiting class were Sheilds and Parker.  He knew Parker by recruiting him while at CSU and probably felt comfortable with what Sheilds would bring to the table.  He also wanted to avoid the JUCO route but it became a necessity.  We'll see how much he recruits the JUCO's over the next several years. 

I like to refer to JUCO's as band-aids.  They may be helpful, but they aren't really there long enough to help out all the way.  I strongly dislike having to use them all the time.  Now, I do realize some players do have the ability to completely contribute, but you can not use JUCO players to build a program.  Some may disagree, but I'm telling you, it can not be done.  I think Doc was always looking for a "quick fix" by using JUCO's, and as we all know it did not turn out very well for us.