Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls........

Been doing other stuff the last month or so..

Anybody have some current info on Nissley ? Is she scheduled.....assuming all goes well...to be ready to play by Nov. ?

Have the summer practices started ?

i am perplexed by this. Of course WBB doesn't get the almost every day coverage that FB gets, but we see stories about baseball, mens basketball, softball, volleyball, track, and even bowling.  Meanwhile, WBB - crickets.  It's a small and mute black cat in a huge unlit bldg at midnight.   Just try to find it!.  It is as tho the AD publicity dept has forgotten that there is such a thing as WBB.  Visibility is good and WBB doesn't have it. No attempt to drum up, or even re-awaken, interest. 

I emailed this to the AD on June 3rd:

Several women's basketball fans are disappointed in Amy Williams as a coach including communication to the public.  She provides basically zero information on the direction of recruiting and the program during the off season.   Recently she had the one women's recruit she has for 2025 decommit??? How does that happen!

You may or may not know there is a NE womens's basketball blog:

Rather than emailing the AD, email Jace Henderson, who appears to have the title that can generate information to the media.  Yes, ultimately the head coach is in charge of the total program; but much of the information that is relayed to the media types comes from the associates within the staff.

I have seen tidbits of information relayed to the public, mainly through platforms such as X.  But I would love to see much more as well.  Especially if summer workouts are taking place.  I understand that if nothing is going on, it is tough to paint a masterpiece.   Yet some information is better than nothing.

I would say that opening an email to the AD with the declaration that several fans are disappointed with the head coach may not have been a great start; many of us fans believe that coach is actually doing a good job.  The AD likely agrees, since she recently got a raise.  As far as losing a recruit, my take is that a recruit is never N until they suit up.  Oh well, just my two cents.

Director of Player Personnel, Development & Influence

[email protected] (402) 
Edited by Huskerpapa

Amy has her good qualities as a coach, but open communication to the public, transparency with the fanbase, keeping the fans informed…that just ain’t one of them. And I guess I’ve learned to accept that in the last couple years. 

And it can be frustrating because when Amy does communicate, it’s often just cliched coachspeak that really isn’t informative at all. 

I understand the frustration by fans. I accepted that as long as Amy Williams is here there are just somethings she is slow to change or may never change. Communication with fans may never change. Outside of a few clips on X, or other social media accounts very little during the off season. Verbal commits are just that verbal. Until they sign they are free to change their school. Then you have to have the type of season to be able to keep them happy and wanting to stay here.  While we all would have liked to see her get a 4 or 5 in the portal we just did not get it done. I truly hope we avoid any major injuries during this off season and the upcoming season. A key player or two missing major time could be the difference in a winning season. Finally, with the landscape that is D1 WBB you need to keep up with the changes and I hope Amy can keep pace. 

She did have a good 30 minute interview with Matt Coatney on the Huskers Sports Nightly call in show June 5th just a few days before summer conditioning/practices were starting.  Covered a lot of topics but didn't give any details on Logan N.  It's available on You Tube.

Not to beat a dead horse, but regarding the relaying of news to the NU WBB fanbase….By comparison, the NU Volleyball fanbase would never tolerate being kept in the dark regarding program happenings the way that Coach Amy seems intent on keeping us in the dark. The VB staff does an infinitely better job at informing and engaging their fanbase than the WBB staff does. 

3 hours ago, The Don said:

Not sure it is all on Amy. Can you name one media outlet that really covers WBB?

What is there to cover?  Are they hosting events?  Do they share information regarding official or unofficial visits of recruits? Is media invited or allowed at workouts?  Do they hold press conferences to give updates?  I don't know.   Perhaps Sam could shed some light?

I hear similar concerns or complaints about a number of programs and schools.  That applies to programs for both genders.  

Nebraska fans are a bit spoiled by the avalanche of information received regarding football, volleyball and to a lesser extent, men's basketball.

The media has to make coin, so that likely plays a role as well.

Edited by Huskerpapa

I do agree VB does get better coverage, after all we are a "Volleyball State". VB also tends to have better sources that provide information regarding staff, players, recruits and so on. Volleytalk is a great source. It is a national  forum so you get fans of other schools on NEVB threads. Somehow I do not think that type of forum would work for WBB. 

Yes, agree women's basketball team news is hard to come by in the summer....especially compared to men's basketball, volleyball, softball, etc.

Anybody have any idea if the Sioux Falls game will be televised ? Probably not, but real interested in seeing how the recovering players, and newbies, will play. The new team will be substantify different from last season.

15 hours ago, redsteve said:

Anybody have any idea if the Sioux Falls game will be televised ? 

I took a look at last year's schedule for the men.  They played at Sioux Falls.  The schedule said; "Watch on Peacock".  Might be the same for the women this year?

1 hour ago, 12dozen said:

I took a look at last year's schedule for the men.  They played at Sioux Falls.  The schedule said; "Watch on Peacock".  Might be the same for the women this year?

Both the Husker women and men will be playing in Sioux Falls in 2024, and on back-to-back days: Nov. 16th and 17th.