2024 Portal Watch

On 6/14/2024 at 10:31 AM, Huskerpapa said:

JUST to clarify...I am referencing the latter rather than the former 😉 

The term bust a nut implies that something explosive is going on with one's testicles—metaphorically, we hope. Originally, to bust a nut meant “to ejaculate” but also”to work hard,” perhaps a variation of a similar expression bust your conk, meaning “to work hard at a task."

I know. It was just abrupt because you don't really hear the other way anymore. 

A quick story. First, I have the humor of a 14 year old boy. And so did my buddy.

When I was at my 1st duty station an old timer Medal of Honor, Air Force Cross(I think), and Purple heart recipient was visiting the base. Always a pretty big deal. They kinda accommodated whatever the VIP wanted.

This guy just wanted to get around the base and meet the airman, talk to them and tell stories. He was a charming sweet man. Late 80's at the time I think. I was 19/20. 

Our Full Bird Colonel brings him around around our squadron. There's like 60 of us. We circle up and this guy's starts holding court. Like I said sweet and charming. Taalks and talks.

Talks about everything. He was an enlisted guy. Starts talking about being a poor GI when he first enlisted. Then starts talking about how he was so poor all him and all the other GIs could afford to eat was tube steak.

Tube steak for breakfast lunch and dinner. Had tube steak so much he ended up hating tube steak. Which was sad he said because before he enlisted tube steak was one of his favorite meals. 

Now for the uninformed the old timer ment hot dogs for tube steak but my brain hears penis for tube steak.

Probably one of the greatest feats of restraint I ever mustered was that day. Surpressing my laughter. At the first tube steak mentioned I caught the eyes of my buddy and  immediately Internally lost my shit. How he or I were able to maintain our composure I have no idea. 

Edited by cornfed24-7

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2024 at 2:16 PM, cornfed24-7 said:

I know. It was just abrupt because you don't really here the other way anymore. 

A quick story. First, I have the humor of a 14 year old boy. And so did my buddy.

When I was at my 1st duty station an old timer Medal of Honor, Air Force Cross(I think), and Purple heart recipient was visiting the base. Always a pretty big deal. They kinda accommodated whatever the VIP wanted.

This guy just wanted to get around the base and meet the airman, talk to them and tell stories. He was a charming sweet man. Late 80's at the time I think. I was 19/20. 

Our Full Bird Colonel brings him around around our squadron. There's like 60 of us. We circle up and this guy's starts holding court. Like I said sweet and charming. Taalks and talks.

Talks about everything. He was an enlisted guy. Starts talking about being a poor GI when he first enlisted. Then starts talking about how he was so poor all him and all the other GIs could afford to eat was tube steak.

Tube steak for breakfast lunch and dinner. Had tube steak so much he ended up hating tube steak. Which was sad he said because before he enlisted tube steak was one of his favorite meals. 

Now for the uninformed the old timer ment hot dogs for tube steak but my brain hears penis for tube steak.

Probably one of the greatest feats of restraint I ever mustered was that day. Surpressing my laughter. At the first tube steak mentioned I caught the eyes of my buddy and  immediately Internally lost my shit. How he or I were able to maintain our composure I have no idea.