Rutgers (6-17) vs. Nebraska (14-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Typical poorly coached game by Williams et al.  No time outs taken until 2:21 left in the game.  No righting of the ship in the 3rd quarter when only 11 points were scored.  Apparently only 13 for 26 on layups.  Shelley is not performing up to expectations and may be selling insurance in Australia instead of playing pro ball!  Can anyone spell NIT?

1 hour ago, Redhac said:

Typical poorly coached game by Williams et al.  No time outs taken until 2:21 left in the game.  No righting of the ship in the 3rd quarter when only 11 points were scored.  Apparently only 13 for 26 on layups.  Shelley is not performing up to expectations and may be selling insurance in Australia instead of playing pro ball!  Can anyone spell NIT?

Amy Williams is a good, but never great coach who will always produce good, but never great teams. 
It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Redhac said:

You mean the Not Interested Tournament.  

A question I have with all the below expectations on shooting and poorer play is, "What on earth does this team do in practice to run plays, shoot or improve?????  I would expect that they do not play as erratic in practice, but who knows??  I would suggest that they practice more jump shoots about free throw high.  They certainly do not do this in pregame as everyone is hucking up three pointers before the game and second half starts!!!!!  Maybe more practice on layups as well!

22 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Good question Cazzie. Will need to think on it.

Creighton took a big step forward when Yori joined the staff.  They will be tough for us to beat as long as she’s there.  And, yes, I feel they have a much better WBB program at this time compared to us.  I am disappointed our AD is satisfied with the WNIT, because I never will be.  Guess that’s my problem (one of many I s’pose depending on who you ask).

1 hour ago, huskerchode said:

Creighton took a big step forward when Yori joined the staff.  They will be tough for us to beat as long as she’s there.  And, yes, I feel they have a much better WBB program at this time compared to us.  I am disappointed our AD is satisfied with the WNIT, because I never will be.  Guess that’s my problem (one of many I s’pose depending on who you ask).

You are correct about Yori. Creighton never beat us when she was coach.  We have only beaten Creighton once she joined Flannery. ThAnks Eckhorst.  

On 2/3/2024 at 10:02 PM, Neb Nets said:

Amy Williams is a good, but never great coach who will always produce good, but never great teams. 
It is what it is. 

may have gotten the wrong summit league coach. A. Johnson (SDSU) lost 4 players before the season to season ending injuries and just lost another for the rest of this season. 2, and possibly 3 were starters.  he has 7 scholarship players now. searched campus for a couple of players to add for bodies. 

yes, i get it. it is the summit league, and the Jacks still remain undefeated in the Summit. it is amazing how well he has his team playing through all the adversity. i watch quite a few of their games. been a number of games where it has ended up close at the half, only to have the Jacks come out and take care of business in the second half. 

Adjustments. 

To put into perspective how bad one loss is.  We went from a solid 8 seed to last 4 in and that's with an impressive Michigan road win.  An Iowa win would barely ease this loss.  If we lose to both Iowa and Ohio State and I suspect that we will, we would have to win out, win at least 1 in the B1G tourney and hope for the best.