2024 PF Treyson Anderson

Huskerpapa

Well 

16 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If he does he's blowing through an entire year of eligibility so caveat emptor

According to his bio on Huskers.com, he’ll also be turning 25 this summer. Might want to be getting on the court anyway possible, as soon as possible.

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If he does he's blowing through an entire year of eligibility so caveat emptor

Okay, so a football player can play in 4 games and still retain his redshirt, Cookie Belcher could play in 7 games and still redshirt, but Blaise can't?  I smell a lawsuit.  So caveat kissmybacksideamus.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Okay, so a football player can play in 4 games and still retain his redshirt, Cookie Belcher could play in 7 games and still redshirt, but Blaise can't?  I smell a lawsuit.  So caveat kissmybacksideamus.

Football has separate redshirt rules. Cookie got the medical because he played his games at the beginning of the year. You play a game past the midway point and it counts.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:42 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Former 4-star Max Murrell is a senior at Stanford averaging 2.7 pts for a .500 team.

Former no-star Mike Daum turned into a 4-star in college and is now a Euro pro.

Former 4-star Isaac Traudt is averaging 3.3 points for Team Voldemort.

Former no-star Mr. Baylor Batenhorst is playing like a 5-star somewhere else.

The local guys we tried to recruit out of high school sometimes don't pan out as well as the local guys we (and everyone else) overlooked.

Mid-majors are clearly not farm clubs for the Nebraska Basketball team and there's no guarantee that a kid who leaves the area will ever come back even if they blossom as a mid-major and become worthy of Power 5 basketball. We've been fortunate to find guys through the portal who were not local. Maybe it's a wash. You just hope that the local kid you passed over doesn't wind up better than the non-local kid you took instead.

I think sometimes you just take a reach on a local kid because I think we all kind of like cheering for the local kids. Even if they come off the bench.

Every day I think about in a vacuum how this reads winning an argument by making the worst take possible. Like the takeaway that is we should go after Treyson Anderson instead of A'mare Bynum because they will finish opposite of their recruiting rankings.