Iowa

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Perfect for the home exhibition game.

What about an exhibition Jamboree where it could look something like.... Might be more interesting than playing Minnesota State Mankoto or whoever else we play.

UNO vs UNK for a 20 minute half

UNK vs NU for a 20 minute half

UNO vs NU for a 20 minute half

I thought Fran was going to have a heart attack.  He was beat red and in total melt-down mode.  He came after the ref and had to be held back.  He also "lightly" pushed another ref.  I tend to think he may be hearing from the Big Ten offices

http://video.btn.com/fran-mccaffery-ejected-from-game-vs-maryland

Edited by huskercwg

I know the comparisons are easy because of their penchant for embarrassing themselves on national television, but Bo P. and Fran are kind of historical parallels as well, regarding their universities' histories. Consider this:

Dr. Tom Osborne and Dr. Tom Davis: Though Osborne was much more successful, both were seen as professorial program leaders who won a lot (three Sweet 16 berths for Davis).

Frank Solich and Steve Alford: Kept the program above water, but didn't succeed in ways their predecessor did.

Bill Callahan and Todd Lickliter: Good lord, what happened?

Bo and Fran: Program steadily improved early in tenure, but it seems to have leveled off at OK. Both are notoriously foul-mouthed hotheads.

35 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I know the comparisons are easy because of their penchant for embarrassing themselves on national television, but Bo P. and Fran are kind of historical parallels as well, regarding their universities' histories. Consider this:

Dr. Tom Osborne and Dr. Tom Davis: Though Osborne was much more successful, both were seen as professorial program leaders who won a lot (three Sweet 16 berths for Davis).

Frank Solich and Steve Alford: Kept the program above water, but didn't succeed in ways their predecessor did.

Bill Callahan and Todd Lickliter: Good lord, what happened?

Bo and Fran: Program steadily improved early in tenure, but it seems to have leveled off at OK. Both are notoriously foul-mouthed hotheads.

Who will be their Uncle Mikey & Scott Frost, though?! ;)

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Who will be their Uncle Mikey & Scott Frost, though?! ;)

I'll play.

Mike Riley: Generally mediocre coach from Oregon/Washington/California that everybody likes and even had a couple of brushes with success in the past -> Ernie Kent.

Scott Frost: Local legend comes back to save the day -> Iowa native and current assistant at North Dakota Jeff Horner.

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I'll play.

Mike Riley: Generally mediocre coach from Oregon/Washington/California that everybody likes and even had a couple of brushes with success in the past -> Ernie Kent.

Scott Frost: Local legend comes back to save the day -> Iowa native and current assistant at North Dakota Jeff Horner.

But I thought Bill Moos would be all 'N' on Kent x3. haha

• 2 weeks later...