2024 Football

Huskerpapa

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

There is a small piece of me who doubts that this will take place.  Will we secure all the necessary money?

well, uhhh, since this is Nebraska, and since this is football, then yes.  We have the money.  By God we will have the money whether you like it or not.

9 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:
On 12/5/2023 at 5:47 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Apparently Creighton received almost $50M from the state for their new baseball & practice facilities. I wonder if NU would seek out state funds for this gigantic project ???

Expand  

The University did reach out for some funds, but Pillen said no.

The difference probably being one university having bags of cash in a Las Vegas hotel room, the other university sold books to student athletes from the "recommended" book list.

The last thing I want to have happen is Kaelin go have success at a rival school and Raiola not blossom or develop for whatever reason and then have Kealin come back with a chip on his shoulder and beat our asses. That would suck.

I think Kaelin is a good player. Worthy of a 'ship. I'm sorry things went down this way. Woulda been far better if Dylan had just committed to us from the outset.  He went to a basketball game for chrissakes. He threw the bones. The audience was more into him than to the basketball recruit in attendance. So, we played the game. Or got played. And now, like Parker Friedrichson, he's back on the market. Except, whereas Fred was like we're done kissing your ass, Rhule was like OK, how much can we pay you to please come?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings. I think Rhule's position has some merit: When you have the chance to bring in a difference-maker, you've got to do it. And I think there's a reasonable chance Raiola is the real deal. Bigger question is can we coach him up?

31 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The last thing I want to have happen is Kaelin go have success at a rival school and Raiola not blossom or develop for whatever reason and then have Kealin come back with a chip on his shoulder and beat our asses. That would suck.

I think Kaelin is a good player. Worthy of a 'ship. I'm sorry things went down this way. Woulda been far better if Dylan had just committed to us from the outset.  He went to a basketball game for chrissakes. He threw the bones. The audience was more into him than to the basketball recruit in attendance. So, we played the game. Or got played. And now, like Parker Friedrichson, he's back on the market. Except, whereas Fred was like we're done kissing your ass, Rhule was like OK, how much can we pay you to please come?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings. I think Rhule's position has some merit: When you have the chance to bring in a difference-maker, you've got to do it. And I think there's a reasonable chance Raiola is the real deal. Bigger question is can we coach him up?

Yeah, I keep thinking back to Tommy vs. Brooke.  Brooke was a very good QB.  He was a winner and would have been a pro.  Tommy was never a pro type player...but in college, he was a DIFFERENCE MAKER.

I cannot come close to predicting how Raiola and Kaelin will perform, but I am working under the assumption that Raiola is a difference maker.  And, if he I is as good as advertised, he likely will leave us prior to his senior year.

Yet, there is a piece of me that says Kaelin is the real deal as well, and at some point, he will want to lay the wood to us.