2023 Husker volleyball

AuroranHusker

I'm actually a bit skeptical. Has she earned a full-time assistant role at arguably the best program in the country? I mean yeah, she's one of the greatest players ever in the sport, but her coaching career is headlined by a volunteer role at Texas and some NAIA school. She's also still playing with the national team.  She's worked with a ton of top-notch coaches, though, and I'm sure Cook feels good about this move and will work with her. This is the rich getting richer by getting one of the greatest ever to coach and recruit (not like we have a problem recruiting hahaha).

Also, how often does it happen where a coach of premier D-1 athletes is literally better at the sport than the players lol... she's on the downhill due to Father Time though, so probably only another year she could say that.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that 49r.  I don’t follow Husker volleyball hardly at all.  Happy for them of course and admire the strength of the program.  That was a super read and makes me hope tomorrow is a smashing success.  Sounds like the actual world record is going to be very close - GBR !

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Devaney record crowd of 8,656 for #4 Nebraska's takedown of #16 CU, 25-9, 25-13, 23-25, 25-20.

Also last night, UN-Kearney Lopers broke the D2 attendance record with 4,003 to best Alaska-Anchorage's fairly recent crowd of 3800-plus.

It's truly a Volleyball State in The Good Life.

I truly believe that if Nebraska played in a 15K seat arena for volleyball, they could sell it out.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I truly believe that if Nebraska played in a 15K seat arena for volleyball, they could sell it out.

Yep, easy. I'd get tickets if I lived a bit closer - all the mid-week games make it tough with the kids' activities this time of year. Maybe someday they'll outgrow the Bob & then move over to PBA, who knows. . .

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I don't understand why UNL down sized the Bob.

I think John Cook was apprehensive enough moving on from a 4k seat Coliseum to ramp up to 8k.... and in the conversion NU got premium suites, and I've heard they're now planning to double the number of premium suites in the very near future. I suppose the new boxes will be higher up from the current luxury boxes. More money in premium seating, ultimately, too.

Big matchup against former NU assistant Tyler Hildebrand and Long Beach St. tomorrow night. Tyler Hildebrand is in his 2nd year as head coach at Long Beach State, his alma mater. Hildebrand was an assistant coach for Nebraska’s 2017 NCAA Championship team and returned as an associate head coach in 2020-21. 

https://huskers.com/news/2023/09/8/huskers-set-to-face-long-beach-state-on-saturday