Nebrasketball on Fox Sports 1

hhcmatt

WHATABURGER  was the only reason I went to San Antonio.  Well and to visit my son I guess.

You know what Silver?  It was on my to do list for going as well.  On the drive down to San Antonio I made sure to stop and eat lunch at Whataburger.  In Austin to be exact.

I'm not ashamed.

Moving to the Big Ten was the absolute best decision possible as the Big 12 appeared to be crumbling down in a heaping pile of Horn dung. Nebraska literally ensured that the future of the university was set in stone in perpetuity. Every program at UNL benefited. The decision was a no-brainer to move to the B1G. No other option even came close, and that included staying in the Big 12 which again appears to be near imminent destruction

It also helped greatly on the academic side of the University.  We are getting much better at the school part with our move.

Yep, that's why I stated every program at UNL benefited. Athletic programs, academic programs, research as well...

Saw this on Facebook yesterday...I guess I don't see a lot of Husker basketball fans watching Creighton or other Big East schools, but i could be wrong.  Thoughts?  http://www.omaha.com/sports/shatel-expected-big-ten-fox-sports-tv-deal-would-help/article_1742f068-e2dd-5d6c-8601-08ed411a6592.html

I would suggest that Shatel sincerely doubts the Big Ten will ever have games on FS2, but he can't write that in Omaha (apparently).

Saw this on Facebook yesterday...I guess I don't see a lot of Husker basketball fans watching Creighton or other Big East schools, but i could be wrong.  Thoughts?  http://www.omaha.com/sports/shatel-expected-big-ten-fox-sports-tv-deal-would-help/article_1742f068-e2dd-5d6c-8601-08ed411a6592.html

It will make people generally more aware of these games. If you're someone watching a Nebraska game and you see advertisements for a Big East game coming up next, you might stick around to watch it whereas, for instance, a Villanova vs Xavier game might be no where on your radar otherwise.  Also think about how bar TVs work..they stay on the same channel generally.

I'd have to think that Nebraska-Creighton gets hyped better than it has in the past on the years it's on FS1.

I know it's 100% wishful dreaming on my part...but someone in the response part of the article brought up the Big 12 being pretty much dead with no network once this happens.  They make the comment that if KU was to join the Big 10 it would cause a domino effect leading to the end of the Big 12.  I know there's something on the education side of the Big 10 that KU doesn't have which would have an impact in them joining, but there's still a part of me that hopes that the revival of the NU/KU games could lead to this happening. I can't say rivalry as we would have to beat them more than once out of every 50 games. The Big 10 has some great history, but can you imagine how great it would be if KU joined?

I know it's 100% wishful dreaming on my part...but someone in the response part of the article brought up the Big 12 being pretty much dead with no network once this happens.  They make the comment that if KU was to join the Big 10 it would cause a domino effect leading to the end of the Big 12.  I know there's something on the education side of the Big 10 that KU doesn't have which would have an impact in them joining, but there's still a part of me that hopes that the revival of the NU/KU games could lead to this happening. I can't say rivalry as we would have to beat them more than once out of every 50 games. The Big 10 has some great history, but can you imagine how great it would be if KU joined?

You're thinking of AAU membership.  KU has it so there is no problem there.  It's Oklahoma that does not have AAU membership which could prove to be a barrier to joining B1G.

But my personal feeling is I couldn't care less if either of them (or any other former Big XII member for that matter) ever joins us in the B1G.  Like, I used to think how great it would be to bring KU and OU into the fold with us, but you know what?  I don't care any more.

They acted like little bitches towards NU back in the 90's when we formed the conference, they acted like little bitches when the conference was crumbling in 2010 and REALLY acted like little bitches after we left and they're still little bitches today.  They deserve the Big XII.

Oh, and Shatel is still a pandering little bitch too.

:D

You're thinking of AAU membership.  KU has it so there is no problem there.  It's Oklahoma that does not have AAU membership which could prove to be a barrier to joining B1G.

But my personal feeling is I couldn't care less if either of them (or any other former Big XII member for that matter) ever joins us in the B1G.  Like, I used to think how great it would be to bring KU and OU into the fold with us, but you know what?  I don't care any more.

They acted like little bitches towards NU back in the 90's when we formed the conference, they acted like little bitches when the conference was crumbling in 2010 and REALLY acted like little bitches after we left and they're still little bitches today.  They deserve the Big XII.

Nebraska lost its AAU membership before joining the B1G, I believe.

Nebraska lost its AAU membership before joining the B1G, I believe.

A technicality...we were still AAU when invited to join.  ;)