2016 Husker Baseball

huskerbaseball13

Last night kinda had everything of a typical Erstad team. Arizona today...need to get a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something needs to click for this team or were in for a long season. Right now its looking like Erstad is in way over his head.
It's looked like that way for 5 years now for anyone who was paying attention. I would hope this team can still can compete in the Big Ten at the very least. Anything more than that...with the early results and Erstads history is probably wishful thinking.

He was. But still shouldn't have lost. Senior reliever comes in and yaks all over himself. Didn't look impressive in person. Not very good in the middle infield. Showed some fight but I don't see it happening. Have gone from bullish to bearish.

Husker nation does what it does. 90 % of the crowd was wearing Husker red.

He was. But still shouldn't have lost. Senior reliever comes in and yaks all over himself. Didn't look impressive in person. Not very good in the middle infield. Showed some fight but I don't see it happening. Have gone from bullish to bearish.

Really need Burkamper to come back and pitch great. Our pitching staff has been in crumbles the past few games

Really need Burkamper to come back and pitch great. Our pitching staff has been in crumbles the past few games

Burkamper back will be big. I would like to see them work Waldron in for King, if King continues to struggle.

Burkamper back will be big. I would like to see them work Waldron in for King, if King continues to struggle.

He could replace Englelkin also.  Zach has good stuff but is struggling mightily with control.  

One other thing--I can't say enough about Husker fans.  We just dominated the tournament.   90 + percent of the crowd each day were wearing red.  A couple sitting by us drove out from Lincoln just to go to the tournament plus next week's games in Long Beach.  

One run in 22 innings, but who's counting. I can only hope we get better and measure up better against B1G opponents. Or else another disappointing season.

One would think we will look better vs Big Ten opponents but we did finish 8th last year in the conference. The Erstad project still looks like a failure...if he continues to struggle hopefully he decides to jump ship to coach a MLB team. He would be a better fit at that level where he doesn't have to recruit and worry too much about player development.

One run in 22 innings, but who's counting.  I can only hope we get better and measure up better against B1G opponents.  Or else another disappointing season.

I always did suck at math.  

I just wanted to amplify the futility!!  ;)

One run in 22 innings, but who's counting. I can only hope we get better and measure up better against B1G opponents. Or else another disappointing season.

One would think we will look better vs Big Ten opponents but we did finish 8th last year in the conference. The Erstad project still looks like a failure...if he continues to struggle hopefully he decides to jump ship to coach a MLB team. He would be a better fit at that level where he doesn't have to recruit and worry too much about player development.

You make an interesting point about player development.  I think it will show before too long if he is actually good at it.  As we know, a quality player doesn't necessarily make for a quality coach, esp. at a level where development is important.  I'm sure we would all love for him to succeed; he is a great representative of the university and Husker sports.  We'll see what transpires.