2015 Recruits

Row6Seat10

The big kid from Iowa  Burkhall 2015 might have been on campus yesterday for camp. 

She's a Top 60 recruit on a couple of recruiting services. She is 6-2 or 6-3 power forward.....apparently long, athletic and runs the floor well.. I think she's being recruited by OU, Virginia, Texas, Colorado, Auburn, Iowa State...and maybe NU too?

I'm sure if she was at camp, the coaches were giving her a good look.

It's one of those deals where she might be too good to pass on, if she wanted to come to NU..... but can Yori take another big (or any recruit) for the 2015 year?...then go after guards and wings in 2016 ?

Could possibly be a tough situation for Yori.

I had heard something similar kansashusker. But I couldn't confirm it. She would make a great addition to the Huskers should she decide on picking NU. And yes she is one that you make room for should she pick NU. I think she either goes Big 10 or Big 12. Oklahoma and Iowa St from what I gather had been in the lead for her.

Danni Williams the Clovis New Mexico guard who had an offer from Nebraska chose Texas A&M Wednesday.

I take Burkhall.  Good bigs are hard to find.  You find a way to take her if it's possible

The only way I'd hesitate is wondering what promises were made to the currently committed recruits.  If they were told they wouldnt recruit any other player at said position and go against their word it may not end well for NU.

I take Burkhall.  Good bigs are hard to find.  You find a way to take her if it's possible

The only way I'd hesitate is wondering what promises were made to the currently committed recruits.  If they were told they wouldnt recruit any other player at said position and go against their word it may not end well for NU.

Good point. And I agree if that was the case. 

I had heard something similar kansashusker. But I couldn't confirm it. She would make a great addition to the Huskers should she decide on picking NU. And yes she is one that you make room for should she pick NU. I think she either goes Big 10 or Big 12. Oklahoma and Iowa St from what I gather had been in the lead for her.

Danni Williams the Clovis New Mexico guard who had an offer from Nebraska chose Texas A&M Wednesday.

This shows how far Texas Tech as fallen in Women's BB.  Clovis, New Mexico is in their backyard.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One time Husker prospect Arike Ogunbowale has narrowed her choice of schools down to 5 - Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio St, UCLA and Wisconsin.

This kid is in love with all the attention she's been getting and will no doubt make a spectacle out of her announcement whenever that should come around.

One time Husker prospect Arike Ogunbowale has narrowed her choice of schools down to 5 - Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio St, UCLA and Wisconsin.

This kid is in love with all the attention she's been getting and will no doubt make a spectacle out of her announcement whenever that should come around.

Somewhere Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch are smiling....that name would have been a beast to pronounce....

• 4 weeks later...

The first early D-1 (2015) recruiting team rankings has been released by the All Star Girls Report. There are still lots of verbals to be given between now and signing day in November so it will change, but not that much I wouldn't think.

But in the meantime your Huskers sit at #6! I colored the rest of the B1G in blue.

Individually they have Jessica Shepard rated at #5, Lanie Page at #68 and Rachel Blackburn is #83, Maddie Simon isn't ranked. In conclusion it will probably turn out to be the best recruiting class the Huskers have ever had!

1- Connecticut

2-Tennessee

3-Notre Dame

4-UCLA

5- Kentucky

6- Nebraska

7- Texas

8-Baylor

9- Duke

10- Louisville

11- Maryland

12- California

13- Iowa State

14- Purdue

15- Wake Forest

16- Alabama

17- Arkansas

18- Michigan State

19- Georgia Tech

20- Colorado

21- Virginia Tech

22- UNC

23- Missouri

24- TCU

25- Washington

Only 2 other Big 10 teams on there; interesting....Purdue continues to do well.

HB did you forget Maryland ? What has happened to PSU and the OSU

I sure as hell did!  That may still take some gettin' used to!  Good catch, Bugs!  :)

I sure as hell did!  That may still take some gettin' used to!  Good catch, Bugs!  :)

Yeah it's like thinking Mizzo, AM, and Colorado still in the Big 12 now that is hard to not keep thinking that.

The first early D-1 (2015) recruiting team rankings has been released by the All Star Girls Report. There are still lots of verbals to be given between now and signing day in November so it will change, but not that much I wouldn't think.

But in the meantime your Huskers sit at #6! I colored the rest of the B1G in blue.

Individually they have Jessica Shepard rated at #5, Lanie Page at #68 and Rachel Blackburn is #83, Maddie Simon isn't ranked. In conclusion it will probably turn out to be the best recruiting class the Huskers have ever had!

1- Connecticut

2-Tennessee

3-Notre Dame

4-UCLA

5- Kentucky

6- Nebraska

7- Texas

8-Baylor

9- Duke

10- Louisville

11- Maryland

12- California

13- Iowa State

14- Purdue

15- Wake Forest

16- Alabama

17- Arkansas

18- Michigan State

19- Georgia Tech

20- Colorado

21- Virginia Tech

22- UNC

23- Missouri

24- TCU

25- Washington

How high was the '14 class ranked?  No top ten talent, but plenty of top 100 talent including Kaylee Page, Natalie Romeo and Chandler Smith, all ranked among the top 65 players in the nation by ESPN Hoopgurlz.

That's pretty good stuff when you can count six top 100 players on your roster, which Connie will be able to do a year from now.  That means you'll have at least one top 100 player sitting on the bench at the opening tip.  How cool is that?

Norm the same service had the Huskers ranked at #36 last season in their final rankings. I think this service is based out of Cincinnati. I think the lower ranking was mostly because they never went out to the west coast and evaluated our west coast girls fully. Hoopgurlz had our 2015 class ranked at #9 but their top evaluators are from the San Francisco area.

So, two probable top-10 classes in a row.  That is top notch.  That is Elite 8 talent right there.  With an equally good coaching staff.

You're absolutely right on the Elite 8 talent. Which makes in my opinion the 2016 class the most important class yet. If the Huskers can amass another top 10 class they could be considered Final 4 talent worthy.