Iowa (22-2) vs. Nebraska (15-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I now find it almost impossible to believe we were beat by Rutgers at home.  Painful.

I agree.  But that loss seems to have been one hell of a wakeup call to our coaches and team.  Two great games since.  Just need to carry that feeling forward.  As of late Moriarity and Nissley have really been trending up.

6 minutes ago, HUD said:

I agree.  But that loss seems to have been one hell of a wakeup call to our coaches and team.  Two great games since.  Just need to carry that feeling forward.  As of late Moriarity and Nissley have really been trending up.

Sometimes the 1-pt. defeat does more for a team than if NU had won when they didn't deserve it. Today proves that, tbh.

9 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I thought Kendall Coley also did a nice job on Clark.

Yes, Coley stood up to Caitlin, didn't allow herself to be bullied by #22. She gave a huge lift defensively. Same can be said offensively for Nissley. Her shooting helped open up lanes for Potts. That 4th quarter was a thing of beauty, while Iowa was concerned with a silly record (i.e. doing it at home...), and the Huskers said WE'LL TAKE THAT 'W'!!!!

2 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

+/-

Lots of appreciation in the threads for Nissley and Moriarty.  These stats seem to agree with your assessment.

https://storage.googleapis.com/huskers-com-prod/2024/02/11/oKbWPPpcFok7UzSwmqIZRnhE4wH8Ro6IoYBQS6Bs.pdf

Looking at the stats, Nebraska never had a horrible quarter. In a lot of ballgames, they have 1 or 2 bad quarters. Iowa is the team with a bad, final quarter. OUCH, POOR C.C. Nah, I didn't mean that, she can have her silly record occurring at home. I'll take that B1G DUB!!!!!

14 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Looking at the stats, Nebraska never had a horrible quarter. In a lot of ballgames, they have 1 or 2 bad quarters. Iowa is the team with a bad, final quarter. OUCH, POOR C.C. Nah, I didn't mean that, she can have her silly record occurring at home. I'll take that B1G DUB!!!!!

Yeahhh, that third quarter was somewhat poor...

Huskers Knock Off No. 2 Hawkeyes

https://huskers.com/news/2024/02/11/huskers-knock-off-no-2-hawkeyes

Playing in front of a school-record, sellout crowd of 15,042 at Pinnacle Bank Arena and a FOX national television audience, Jaz Shelley scored 10 of her season-high 23 points in the final five minutes to help Nebraska rally from a 14-point fourth-quarter deficit to an 82-79 win over No. 2 Iowa on Sunday afternoon.

The Huskers trailed 69-55 at the end of three quarters before Shelley, Logan Nissley, Natalie Potts and Kendall Moriarty combined for all of Nebraska's 27 fourth-quarter points to rally Nebraska to its fourth victory over a top-five opponent in school history. 

Clark's three-point attempt with nine seconds left was off the mark, and a second three-point chance from Martin with six seconds left also misfired to close out the Nebraska comeback.

(Enuf Said!)

When we got to the game I told my wife that it looked like about 1/3 were Iowa fans.  Hard to tell as they weren't distributed evenly.  But after being loud and happy for 39 and one half minutes of the game that sure changed during the final 30 seconds.  I just loved it.  Best feeling in the world.

At best it was 65/35 Nebraska fans.  But I will say this, the Iowa fans were generally humble and pleasant both before and after the game.  The general admission sections (basically behind the baskets along with the 200 and 300 levels) were 50% or higher Iowa fans.  

Edited by Huskerpapa